This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Netflix streaming on Ps3 wont let me stream two devices at same time anymore?

#1DuwstaiPosted 11/24/2011 2:25:29 AM
Me and my brother are broke college students. We only got Netflix so we could share its content and costs.

We used to be able to stream movies at the same time (ie him on his ps3 in his room, mine in mine in my room). Ive tried on other devices as well, 360, pc etc but still limits to 1 stream at a time now.

Is there any way around this?

I have been doing research on it, and their rules say concurrent streams are linked to your dvd plan. ie if you have streaming and 1 dvd plan, you can watch one stream at a time, streaming and 2 dvd = 2, etc.

But they recently completely segregated these plans. So it makes absolutely 0 sense for your streaming abilities to be linked to your dvd plan now that they are separate. It would cost well over double to add a two dvd plan.

Also googled, and apparently many news outlets broke a story in early september about this, but a Netflix representative squashed the story by saying "No customer is limited to any less than 2 concurrent streams at a time." They claimed it was a glitch.. so I let it go then.

But its been happening for months. Is there any way around this? What should I do?

If their idea is for us to get two separate plans, forget it its not worth it. The content selection is very poor anyway.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#2jammiesPosted 11/24/2011 2:43:59 AM
You completely exposed your butthurt with the last sentence.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#3CapwnDPosted 11/24/2011 3:35:51 AM
Didn't run into problems yet. I hope they don't screw with it.

Have you tried disabling all your devices and starting over?
---
As Above So Below
#4IBringItPosted 11/24/2011 3:56:41 AM
I can't get 3 devices running netflix at once but I run it on 2 PS3's daily. At this exact moment I have 2 running. Wife is watching Lord of the Rings in the bedroom on my phat and I'm watching old SNL's on my slim in the living room.
---
We The People
PSN: IconGrist
#5CapwnDPosted 11/24/2011 4:04:22 AM(edited)

I can't get 3 devices running netflix at once but I run it on 2 PS3's daily. At this exact moment I have 2 running. Wife is watching Lord of the Rings in the bedroom on my phat and I'm watching old SNL's on my slim in the living room.

What plan do you have? I can do 3 devices at a time, I have the two DVD plan.
---
As Above So Below
#6IBringItPosted 11/24/2011 4:31:17 AM
My plan is just for streaming. No DVD's.
---
We The People
PSN: IconGrist
#7Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 4:52:56 AM

You completely exposed your butthurt with the last sentence.

Well yeah Im butthurt. We are paying for something we cant really use effectively.

We are both out all the time. The only time we really have time to watch movies, happens to be at exactly the same time of night, and we have radically different tastes. So only one of us can watch something.

Not worth it if I cant use it when I want to, and like I said the selection isnt worth getting two plans.

Could you do me a favor and try two movies at the same time?

I hear for some reason tv shows and the like are able to be watched at the same time as movies for some... but not two movies.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#8wigsplasherPosted 11/24/2011 6:14:48 AM
i've had no problems running it on two devices, tc
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#9jammiesPosted 11/24/2011 6:32:39 AM
Here's what I read the first time it happened to me the other day. Makes sense:

http://mashable.com/2011/09/06/netflix-movie-stream-limits/

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10darkshadowmasterPosted 11/24/2011 6:41:19 AM
They changed thier plans so that you can no longer stream to multiple devices at once unless you pay extra. You can still put the app on multiple devices, but only stream one movie at a time.

Found out the hard way a few weeks ago when my friend was streaming a movie and I tried to as well.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.