This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To Those With Multiple PS3's On One Network, 2 Quick Questions

#1dsm_dolouzPosted 11/26/2011 9:04:06 PM
What is your setup?

Have you changed any of your router settings?

I've tried to play BF3 while my nephew plays Madden 12 and it's hit or miss as to whether or not we're both going to get disconnected. Notice these are both EA games so it might not even be possible or even plausible to play both at the same time online. Both are notorious for their DC problems.

With BF3 I have tried everything to remedy my DC issues, (Even when I play by myself (Insert Joke)) from a static IP, to enabling DMZ, to forwarding ports. The one thing I still need to try is hard wiring one of the PS3's. I just need to go buy either a longer phone cord or a longer Ethernet cord. I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to BF3, it's either the EA servers, or my ISP/router. Now Madden 12 is peer to peer, but you also have to be connected to EA server s at the same time. So it might even be those notoriously bad EA servers.

Right now I'm just going to take turns playing, but I want to know how people with multiple PS3's on one network have it setup. Also what their connection speed is. Mine is pretty bad in the UL department but alright in the DL. It is on average, 8.5Mbps DL and 700 kbps UL. Also, it is an ADSL which suck and I hate it, but that's what I got with DirecTV. I need my NFL Sunday Ticket, but I might have to sacrifice that for a better ISP.
#2SpoonSportsPosted 11/26/2011 9:52:26 PM
It's your router.

I basically have a linksys 2000 and it manages, 2 PS3, 360, and a Wii at the same time. No lag no connection issues.

make sure each one has it's own designated ISP.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC JDM 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#3fusespliffPosted 11/26/2011 9:56:40 PM
^
That

When my parents still lived here, we had 2 PC, 2 laptops, 2 PSP and 2 PS3 all on the same network
---
Today we have 3,000 licensed KISS products, everything from condoms to caskets. We have you coming and going.-Gene Simmons
#4dsm_dolouz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 11:01:46 PM
Alright, thanks guys.
#5SpoonSportsPosted 11/27/2011 4:06:01 PM
Mind me asking what type of router your using?
---
#6dsm_dolouz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 5:23:07 PM
SpoonSports posted...
Mind me asking what type of router your using?

Action Tec PK5000. It's one of those combo router/modem.
#7SpoonSportsPosted 11/28/2011 12:18:03 PM
I read up on the reviews and it doesn't perform well.
---