This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tadhg Kelly: "Games can't tell stories"

#11Lard_in_TeaPosted 11/28/2011 11:12:06 PM
FINAL FANTASY VII would like to have a word with that article.

Shakespeare at the height of his career could not devise a better story.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
MGO: J.P. Morgan
#12SayoriaPosted 11/28/2011 11:15:06 PM
Article writer needs to play a visual novel....stat.

Also, can't take it seriously when I cannot pronounce this guy's name. Sounds like that sound you make when you are drinking something and someone says something that shocks you..... that choking sound.
#13Enigmatic RenegadePosted 11/28/2011 11:49:12 PM
Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, Uncharted Series, are just a few games that I've played with story lines that are leagues ahead of most Movies. Nothing beats The Walking Dead though. I almost cried because of the Mid Season Finale. A lot of people probably did as well. There's nothing more heartbreaking than what happened in that episode.

Oh yes, there is. There is a fantasy series called A Song of Ice and Fire, plus an HBO TV adaptation of the first book, Game of Thrones. There is one moment in particular in the third book that I consider one of the saddest, if not the saddest moment, in storytelling history across all mediums (books, plays, video games, movies, television, theatre, etc.). Please avoid any spoilers at all costs if you had any interest in checking out the books or show.

Also, I will add that the Walking Dead comic is more depressing, but that the last few moments of the midseason finale of the TV show adaptation was more heartbreaking than any moment in its comic counterpart. As a fan of the comic, the ending shocked me to all hell, just when I had thought the missing girl storyline would go nowhere. The payoff to that part of the storyline was brilliant.
---
I go to sleep, dream that I'm Finnegan, then wake up, Joycian
#14trizznillaPosted 11/28/2011 11:51:41 PM
Huh. The World Ends with You told me a pretty cool story.
---
Casually Hardcore.
#15yearisyesterdayPosted 11/29/2011 1:08:58 AM
Did that guy seriously just say that Portal 2, Uncharted 2, and ICO aren't trying to tell a story? What game have I been playing?
---
Check out my LittleBigPlanet levels at http://lbp.me/u/pengi2dave88/levels, and my Interactive Fiction at http://tinyurl.com/ifdb-b-a-c.