This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We dont have a true FPS single player game yet

#21ComfortablySadPosted 11/30/2011 9:59:46 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
I can't believe no one has mentioned Bioshock yet!

Sound more like a first person The Saboteur to me.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#22Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 10:01:02 AM
Paco El Gato posted...
Go buy Medal of Honor for PS1

Why I gotta go back 2 generations?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#23ManOfChapPosted 12/3/2011 12:27:33 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Paco El Gato posted...
Go buy Medal of Honor for PS1

Why I gotta go back 2 generations?

lol why not!? Doesnt it matter how old a game is to enjoy it? Not for me!
---
PSN: The_Chadwick
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Driver:SF, Ratchet & Clank: 4
#24Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/3/2011 2:00:50 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
Wasn't there a WWII FPS kind of like this where strategy was the main focus? I forgot the name of it, it was called something Brothers or Brother something I think.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

The first two games were great, but I wasn't a big fan of HH. It just seemed like kind of a sloppy mess to me. Maybe part of that had to do with the fact that it was an early PS3 title.
---
Not changing this signature until the Red Wings win their 12th Stanley Cup. (Started 5/14/11)
#25ashnailePosted 12/3/2011 2:03:15 PM
Get serious sam 3 when it comes to consoles, came out on the 22nd last month and is the best single player fps released in a decade.

Not sure if the console will share the same multiplayer modes, but on pc it also has up to 16 player online coop, 6 mp modes, 4 player split screen etc.

Not to mention no wussy regenerating health or weapon limits, it's what all fps should be.
---
Armor won't help the heart stay sharp! Shellbust Stab!
#26Shadow CloudPosted 12/3/2011 2:19:27 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
I can't believe no one has mentioned Bioshock yet!

Tell me about it. I'm also appalled by the lack of Half Life in this topic...
#27Pharsti01Posted 12/3/2011 2:33:48 PM
Most of the things you said do happen in Deus Ex, your actions may have consequences with civilians dying and so on, and permanent death is everywhere (be it on heavily scripted games de to story reasons, such as MW or not so scripted, like Fallout 3 and NV), once someones dead, theyre gone.

Honestly, closest thing there is to what youre asking is Deus Ex, seriously, thou, i must say, if what you want is a story and character driven fps\rpg then you will have to follow objectives and have scripted missions\events\whatever.
Youve been speaking about Fire Emblem, but thats absolutely linear, sure, youll get a different line of text at the ending depending on whos dead, alive, friendships and so on but still, you follow a well laid out story all throughout and i see nothing wrong with that.

Then again, i would absolutely love a game like that, thou i disagree that we dont have any "true fps single player game yet"

Deus Ex HR
The Darkness
Bioshock 1 + 2
Metroid Prime 1 to 3

I WOULD say Half Life, except that it bores me to death for some reason, thou must people love it.
#28akuma634Posted 12/3/2011 3:35:43 PM
Wait for the PSN release of Serious Sam 3 BFE. I have it on Steam and it's awesome. Take classic Serious Sam and use the right aspects of "realistic" modern shooters like highly detailed graphics, aim down the sights, more realistic shooting (the first 2 Sam games didn't have guns reload, you just fire 100's of bullets,) try to tell more of a story this time, and keep classic elements like health items instead of regenerating health, being able to carry every gun in the game, and having lots of very challenging enemy encounters. It's the most ambitious Serious Sam game to date and it shows. If you want a great single player FPS that never has a dull moment and uses only the best aspects of modern shooters then it's very worth 40 bucks.