This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

some ideas for games...

#1Legacy5Posted 12/2/2011 8:07:24 AM
so im really bored right now waiting for my next class to start in an hour and want to kill some time. they may be stupid but i have some ideas for some games.

the first is an open world game where you are the cop. it wont be like LA Noire. Rockstar could do it. so you play as the cop and the main storyline could be something like you are working to find some huge drug lord, or maybe something darker like human trafficing. also all open world games have side missions. so as you are working on the main case, you can also get calls for other crimes in progress. like armed robbery, either in a small store or bigger ones on a bank, and some car chases. also you may have to stop illegal protests and if you do it right the people leave, but if you do it wrong you have a riot on your hands. i think a great place to have this game set in is Hawaii. the setting will be beautiful and since it is on an island you can have all of Hawaii to roam around on.

another one is based on the television show Supernatural. i believe this can be made into an awesome game. you can play as either Sam or Dean. the main plot os trying to stop the apocalypse. but each level has you having to deal with another sort of demon. there can also be some sort of leveling up system with combat and spells.

this one is also based off a television show. The Walking Dead. starting off in Atlanta and you have to make your way to the government safe zone all the while fightin off the walkers. it could be a great survival zombie game.

also i really want another college basketball game. 2K sports needs to bring back College Hoops.

any opinions?
---
PSN- beb_523
NY Mets will be World Series Champs. not changing this sig until they are. starting 2/23/10
#2bookwormzzzzPosted 12/2/2011 2:12:20 PM
As someone who is majoring in game and simulation programming and has written several Game Concept documents these are terrible... Can't even critique this as everything is general and overall... just bad.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#3Legacy5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 5:55:12 PM
well seeing as these are just ideas put on a message board for fun and not thought out and planned out for years im not expecting them to be perfect ideas. you totally missed the point of my topic. any other ideas from anyone else that isnt a jerk.
---
PSN- beb_523
NY Mets will be World Series Champs. not changing this sig until they are. starting 2/23/10
#4M_ProjectPosted 12/2/2011 6:03:54 PM
I'd like a PS3 PRGMaker like there was for PS1 and 2.
It would like it to EXTREMELY in depth as well.
---
Round 3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Balrog . . . . vs . . . .Yoichi Wada
Health Bar . . . . .1P {__|||||||||||||||||||||||} (KO) {|||___________} 2P
#5NCPwnPosted 12/2/2011 6:04:39 PM
Legacy5 posted...
well seeing as these are just ideas put on a message board for fun and not thought out and planned out for years im not expecting them to be perfect ideas. you totally missed the point of my topic. any other ideas from anyone else that isnt a jerk.

2 movie/show licensed games. Recipe for fail.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, FF 7, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot, MAG, Tachyon, Zelda Alttp
#6_HlM_Posted 12/2/2011 6:04:51 PM
Legacy5 posted...

Dont mind bookz, hes just some loser. I remember back when we used to play DS together he said he wasnt a "geek" anymore because he started drinking. He also didnt know people could have sex "sideways" lol forget him, hes most likely not even majoring in what he claims my guess is hes still hooked on random chicks on the internet. I bet you still remember Bluerose and Kagome, huh? LOL
---
I am the most Beautiful person in the World and you are Gutter Trash!
#7mecha_mkIIPosted 12/2/2011 6:12:55 PM
I don't care about anything until I get my RPG/racer.
#8masterosportsPosted 12/2/2011 6:13:00 PM
Legacy5 posted...
so im really bored right now waiting for my next class to start in an hour and want to kill some time. they may be stupid but i have some ideas for some games.

the first is an open world game where you are the cop. it wont be like LA Noire. Rockstar could do it. so you play as the cop and the main storyline could be something like you are working to find some huge drug lord, or maybe something darker like human trafficing. also all open world games have side missions. so as you are working on the main case, you can also get calls for other crimes in progress. like armed robbery, either in a small store or bigger ones on a bank, and some car chases. also you may have to stop illegal protests and if you do it right the people leave, but if you do it wrong you have a riot on your hands. i think a great place to have this game set in is Hawaii. the setting will be beautiful and since it is on an island you can have all of Hawaii to roam around on.

another one is based on the television show Supernatural. i believe this can be made into an awesome game. you can play as either Sam or Dean. the main plot os trying to stop the apocalypse. but each level has you having to deal with another sort of demon. there can also be some sort of leveling up system with combat and spells.

this one is also based off a television show. The Walking Dead. starting off in Atlanta and you have to make your way to the government safe zone all the while fightin off the walkers. it could be a great survival zombie game.

also i really want another college basketball game. 2K sports needs to bring back College Hoops.

any opinions?

First one has been done....True Crime on ps2. They were gonna make a Hong Kong game but it got canceled.

But I've always wanted to see someone make an actual RPG type basketball game. Where you like live your own life. Drive to the facilities, practice on your own, maybe be able to drive around the city, do other random stuff. I don't think this is possible to create right now due to having to have 30 different cities, and several different mechanics, but I think it would be pretty fricken fun.
---
When life gives you lemons, you take the lemons squirt them in lifes face, steal lifes wallet, and go out and party!
#9hotwheeler89Posted 12/2/2011 6:25:26 PM
I would love a game based on Supernatural, such an awesome show.
---
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?
#10bookwormzzzzPosted 12/2/2011 7:04:57 PM
_HlM_ posted...
Legacy5 posted...

Dont mind bookz, hes just some loser. I remember back when we used to play DS together he said he wasnt a "geek" anymore because he started drinking. He also didnt know people could have sex "sideways" lol forget him, hes most likely not even majoring in what he claims my guess is hes still hooked on random chicks on the internet. I bet you still remember Bluerose and Kagome, huh? LOL

1. I am majoring in what I said although now I'm thinking of going into the Airforce. Thinking more about the future and what not.

2.I did try drinking for a bit, but no matter what I tried I still hate the taste of alcohol so yeah that didn't last long.

3. Yes I do remember them in the sense of how you don't think about someone for ages, but when someone says their name you are like "Oooo that guy."

4. I still stand with the sideways sex thing >_>

And to TC sorry I was a jerk I was still in a school mode so I do apologize for that. But I still stand with how the idea's needed more to work. The only thing you listed I could kind of see what the Supernatural thing and even with that it was more or less, "this show would be a sweet game." But I love Supernatural so maybe thats why that is the only one I see potential for.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!