This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Does DLC add to games?

#21shampoowarriorPosted 12/3/2011 3:41:54 PM
Takes away content that should have been there from the starts and then adds it retroactively.

Expansion DLC is great though
---
To a kid lookin' up to me, life ain't nothin' but pixels and money.
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#22IChangedMyNamePosted 12/3/2011 3:43:41 PM
bookwormzzzz posted...
"I agree on the point that some DLC's make no sense and should not be made, but I do not get how that is answering the question.

If beforehand you have 3 color pallets and you buy DLC and now you have 6, technically the DLC added content to the game."

In my case, Gears Of War 3 INCLUDES the content regardless of a purchase, pretty much shoving the idea of "you can't have it until you buy it hahaha" in your face constantly. Thus taking away from the idea I have a complete game.

No problem if the game didn't include it, like say if I bought the DLC, whether on-disc or not at least it appeared after a purchase. But to have it there with ****ing dollar signs over it is insulting and takes away from the game for me because it makes me feel like I'm obliged to have to purchase it.

At least for me at best, it's how I feel.
---
I'm Playing: Gears Of War 3, Super Mario 3-D Land, King Of Fighters XIII.
I Want: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Mass Effect 3, Fire Emblem 3DS.
#23hardcore rpg gamerPosted 12/3/2011 4:02:04 PM
Does DLC add to games?

Some does, some doesn't. It's a case by case thing.
---
The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
#24_HlM_Posted 12/3/2011 4:05:56 PM
depends on the game imo, like i have no intrest in the Castlevania DLC, but i bought all the Batman AC DLC up to date and i bought RoD to Dead Nation and still go back to it, i cant get enough RoD.
---
I am the most Beautiful person in the World and you are Gutter Trash!
#25jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 4:06:06 PM
I think some got it and some didn't. I made a poll that had 2 right answers. Pretty enjoyable responses.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx