This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game or Series you wish was never created.

#81TheTenth10Posted 12/7/2011 3:08:33 AM
Zelda, gameplay hasn't evolved in years (swinging the Wiithing and using an infrared controller may be good for kids but not adults)
Gears of war : without this the XBOX360 would be no more
#82TheDon1981Posted 12/7/2011 3:48:00 AM
SicSlayer posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Call of Duty

This. Not because of the actual game, but because of the influence it's had on other games and developers trying to cash in on the "Call of Duty formula". Many of my favorite franchises have been ruined with more to come I'm sure.

This!
---
PSN ID: TheDon81
Try my multiplayer LBP2 level: Mortal Kombat 9 - http://lbp.me/v/1feq6w
#83Agent_GreerPosted 12/7/2011 3:50:47 AM

Just like how we can be without nasty mint flavored ice cream

mint chocolate chip is the best ice cream ever created. best ice cream in this world.
---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Vanquish_Souls/mathematical.png
#84fusespliffPosted 12/7/2011 3:56:55 AM
Call of Duty

This. Not because of the actual game, but because of the influence it's had on other games and developers trying to cash in on the "Call of Duty formula". Many of my favorite franchises have been ruined with more to come I'm sure.

^
That pretty much

When you have RPG developers trying to cater to casuals and shooter fans and stating they want to crap out games as much as Activision does, you have a serious problem
---
Today we have 3,000 licensed KISS products, everything from condoms to caskets. We have you coming and going.-Gene Simmons
#85DarkBlade2Posted 12/7/2011 5:15:22 AM
TheTenth10 posted...
Zelda, gameplay hasn't evolved in years (swinging the Wiithing and using an infrared controller may be good for kids but not adults)
Gears of war : without this the XBOX360 would be no more

Except I am 22 and having a blast with Skyward Sword so please speak for yourself.

But yeah there isn't a single series I would get rid of simple because I have no idea how it would adversely effect everything. That and I am not so selfish as to put my personal taste in game above any one else.
---
Platinum FC : Haseo 4039-3772-0230
#86suprsoliderPosted 12/7/2011 5:26:02 AM
I wish Final Fantasy was just never created. Its absolutely the worst series to have been invented i cannot stand its story, its horrible characters, and the tedious gameplay. Not to mention its fanboys...yea i think the world would be better off without these games.
---

I so agree. Worst games ever made.

Any Turn Based RPG's like Chrono Trigger,Earthbound and such.
Sweet Home SUCKS
Halo
Mass Effect
Harry Potter
Call of Duty
Guitar Hero
DJ hero
Rock Band
Left 4 Dead
Just about every Value game ever made
Sonic (all the newer games)
Dreamcast
Xbox 360
Xbox

The list can go on for a while
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#87thisranksPosted 12/7/2011 5:28:49 AM
If i wished any game or series wouldn't have been created i wouldn't consider myself a gamer.
---
I wish i had time to waste with second accounts on Gamefaqs....nah, i don't.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#88Shy420Posted 12/7/2011 5:48:14 AM
The great thing about this topic is before you even opened it you knew Call of Duty would be the first game mentioned, that or Halo. Yet people are so focused on those games that they fail to realize that gaming wouldn't be nearly as popular now if neither had been made.

Personally I'm for morre games. When someone puts out a formulaic game it causes others to look and say we want to do something completely different and thus innovation is born.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute