This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all these HD collections coming out, soon I won't need my PS2 anymore.

#1BlueSkies7776Posted 12/6/2011 6:12:45 PM
All of the relevant series are coming out in these collections. With Jak and Daxter coming out next year, the need to keep my PS2 is diminishing.

Looks like the lack of PS2 backwards compatibility was kind of remedied slowly through our pockets.
---
Never say can't.
#2little_whiskersPosted 12/6/2011 6:19:01 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
All of the relevant series are coming out in these collections. With Jak and Daxter coming out next year, the need to keep my PS2 is diminishing.

Looks like the lack of PS2 backwards compatibility was kind of remedied slowly through our pockets.

true but then again i'm a huge fan of the HD releases...I can't wait for the dmc HD collection!

sometimes I miss the ps2 and psone days...hell I even miss duck hunt lol
---
PSN: pillowpants41
XBL: littlewhiskers1
#3ShinobiHayabusaPosted 12/6/2011 6:21:07 PM
but you cant play lifeline on your ps3 lol
---
My wrestling theme: youtube.com/watch?v=6sjN2gmKDuQ
Last game i beat: Fighters Megamix as Jacky Bryant
#4Jx1010Posted 12/6/2011 6:21:28 PM
Im waiting for Street Fighter Alpha HD Collection!!!
#5wheepitupPosted 12/6/2011 6:25:51 PM
So Contra Shattered Soldier, Neo Contra, Gradius V, and R-Type Final are confirmed to be getting HD editions?

Yea, there's no way they will ever get every relevant ps2 game onto the ps3. To think so means you have a very shallow pool of game interests.
---
My Collection - http://people.ign.com/decayedmatter/games Gaming YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#6BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 6:31:50 PM
true but then again i'm a huge fan of the HD releases...I can't wait for the dmc HD collection!

I love the collections too.
---
Never say can't.
#7DeuxHeroPosted 12/6/2011 6:34:47 PM
I'd prefer Valkyria Chronicles, that way we could get the 3rd in English...
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#8BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 6:35:24 PM
wheepitup posted...
So Contra Shattered Soldier, Neo Contra, Gradius V, and R-Type Final are confirmed to be getting HD editions?

Yea, there's no way they will ever get every relevant ps2 game onto the ps3. To think so means you have a very shallow pool of game interests.

Ha, yeah well, even when the PS2 was alive I still couldn't get into every game that was good. How can a gamer play every single goddamned game that is good? The PS3 is getting the most well received games in the collections and that is enough to make me happy.
---
Never say can't.
#9awesomesauce13Posted 12/6/2011 7:21:01 PM
Once a Ratchet and Clank collection is announced I'll be pretty much content. Sure there are other PS2 games I like, but there are only a few that are my absolute favourites
#10The_ConjuringPosted 12/6/2011 7:34:53 PM
i did really really want the previous grand theft autos, and id still buy it, buy saints row 3 has satisfied that desire a lot. if rockstar was smart they wouldve released a collection before SR3 came out.

I also really want the ratchet games to come out. and the tony hawk games. then im set.