This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tecmo Koei Purchases Atelier Series Developer Gust

#1Master_HapposaiPosted 12/7/2011 3:07:24 AM
Hungry to merge more, Tecmo Koei announced plans to purchase Atelier series developer Gust through stock acquisition. Soon, Gust will become a fully owned subsidiary. Tecmo Koei cited the popularity of the Atelier series as one of the reasons for the acquisition.

Prior to the purchase, Tecmo Koei (more specifically Koei) have been working with Gust for years as their game distributor. The relationship between Gust and Koei extended overseas where Tecmo Koei distributes Gustís games in North America and Europe. Itís unclear how this will affect the relationship between NIS America, the company that localizes the Atelier series in the West.

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland is slated for release early next year. If the Tecmo cameos in Warriors Orochi 2 are any indication, we expect Rorona will be a guest character in Warriors Orochi 5 (if not earlier).

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/07/tecmo-koei-purchases-atelier-series-developer-gust/

Atelier Ninja Gaiden anyone?
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 12/7/2011 3:19:24 AM
When a new Atelier is announced, expect Hayabusas outfit as dlc!

Callin` it now!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Battlefield 3,KoF XIII, Nurarihyon no Mago, Ni no Kuni and UMvC3
#3Zeik_YamatoPosted 12/7/2011 3:33:29 AM
Dynasty Warriors : Atelier?
---
PSN WingedChaos
Official Kincaid Nau of the SD Gundam G Generation World Board
#4FungusguyPosted 12/7/2011 3:42:29 AM
Zeik_Yamato posted...
Dynasty Warriors : Atelier?

Sounds a lot better than what they have been making so far.
---
Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them. ~Mark Twain
#5AlltraPosted 12/7/2011 3:42:56 AM
Um...

Okay, I'll say it right now, while I'm not really a fan of the Atelier Series and it's game play style, I'm shocked honestly. How the hell is this going to effect the games, if it has any effect at all? This is equivalent to Square-Enix buying the rights to Call of Duty. It's a very strange marriage.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.
#6echa_OnePosted 12/7/2011 3:47:40 AM
Hmmm.... =_=;

I actually like NISA because they localize games despite sales (correct me on this). With Tecmo Koei, would they still keep localize GUST games...? I don't really like this :/
---
What superpower would you have?
I would like the superpower to punch annoying cheeky fanboys over the monitor.
#7ArsenicOverlordPosted 12/7/2011 3:51:28 AM
Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors) and Atelier together? Sounds like Koihime Musou might find itself a very tough competition. :D
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9808/ps3rtfmposterv3.jpg
#8Evil_GogetaPosted 12/7/2011 3:52:44 AM
Alltra posted...
Um...

Okay, I'll say it right now, while I'm not really a fan of the Atelier Series and it's game play style, I'm shocked honestly. How the hell is this going to effect the games, if it has any effect at all? This is equivalent to Square-Enix buying the rights to Call of Duty. It's a very strange marriage.

ermmm....Square Enix owns the rights to publish all CoD games in Japan.
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Battlefield 3,KoF XIII, Nurarihyon no Mago, Ni no Kuni and UMvC3
#9Dark0wisdomPosted 12/7/2011 3:53:34 AM
good news, maybe they'll start making some good games now instead of crappy ones.
---
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 12/7/2011 3:54:00 AM
could be good or could be bad, but its 100 percent bad for nisa
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 3,Dragon Quest X,Bravely Default,Fire Emblem 3DS,Kingdom Hearts DDD,Paper Mario 3ds,Inazuma Eleven Go, Suikoden PSP, Shining Blade PSP