This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think nonstop badassery no longer gets the 'WOW' factor...

#1Solid SonicPosted 12/10/2011 7:58:27 PM
The most recent trailer of MGR:R made me realize this.

They try to show the game being a constant stream of "HOLY S***" that never stops and powered by raw adrenaline mixed with 'AWSUM'.

But, really, is anyone impressed with that anymore? Being an unstoppable badass that will always have a reason to say "Is that the best you've got?!", no matter the odds...eh, it's starting to run dry, don't you think?
---
Any positive buzz about Call of Duty is simply someone trying to make up excuses. Please don't listen.
#2mogar002Posted 12/10/2011 7:59:26 PM
I'm more badass than that in real life when I get the mail because I do it in the nude.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3Justice98405Posted 12/10/2011 8:01:18 PM
This only applies to this specific game, but here goes.
When I first heard about Rising, I couldn't care less. Kojima drove the series into the ground, in my opinion, and I just didn't care.
I haven't even SEEN the new trailer you are talking about, and I might be buying the game now.
Why?
Platinum Games, that's why.
I LOVED Bayonetta and Vanquish, and those were Platinum Games.
I am immediately VERY interested in this game now. :)
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#4Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2011 8:03:43 PM
NATHAN DRAKE is the prototype hero of the new generation.

He's down to earth, good with a gun, and within reason. He doesn't intercept a giant robotic arm with his sword then single-handledly reverses its momentum, swinging a 15 ton monstrosity a full 180 degrees vertically.
---
Any positive buzz about Call of Duty is simply someone trying to make up excuses. Please don't listen.
#5mogar002Posted 12/10/2011 8:05:34 PM
Well he could if he wanted to.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg