This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we'll get a remake of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 12/12/2011 7:22:15 AM
Or an HD version of it?

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2Pharsti01Posted 12/12/2011 7:23:23 AM
Hope not -_-
#3PaddyFinnLikePosted 12/12/2011 7:24:48 AM
Symphony of the Night is still as good as it ever was.

The graphics still hold up and the gameplay is as solid as ever.

How would you remake it?
#4Agent_GreerPosted 12/12/2011 7:26:56 AM
maybe if they turned it into a linear fps with set pieces and scripting, according to most of the games this gen and how they ruin them
---
SoundCell's favorite song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAC4R2tyUsk
#5VyilmPosted 12/12/2011 7:28:04 AM
PaddyFinnLike posted...
How would you remake it?

Give it HD, BlazBlue-quality graphics and name any price you want because I'll be buying it regardless. No need to change anything else really.
---
Try to read it without your brain imploding:
lol at all the fanboys. SSBB has a higher skill cap and is more balanced than SF4. - reajerafa.
#6Natureboy44Posted 12/12/2011 7:28:42 AM
I'd be happy to just get SOTN on the crappy PSN EU store
#7PaddyFinnLikePosted 12/12/2011 7:32:40 AM
Vyilm posted...
PaddyFinnLike posted...
How would you remake it?

Give it HD, BlazBlue-quality graphics and name any price you want because I'll be buying it regardless. No need to change anything else really.

The thing with SotN is that the graphics are still great as they were pushing the limits of 2D sprites at the time.

They still hold up excellently rather than the terribly clunky 3D graphics of the time.

The only difference would be a very slight upgrade to the details or, if you did it like BlazBlue, it would be a complete change of style that everyone would complain about for months. Also, the BlazBlue style of art would probably result in a lower count of unique monsters seeing as how much longer it would take to remake the literally hundreds of different creatures in that game.

I just don't really think it's worth the effort, especially as you can already buy the original version for a tenner.
#8VigilantStevePosted 12/12/2011 7:36:53 AM
I wouldn't mind a graphical upgrade similar to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP. Other than that I don't think I'd want anything changed at all.
#9hoonstaPosted 12/12/2011 7:40:47 AM
I'd want it if they ramped up the difficulty with new content. Graphical update? I doubt they'll do a good job on it seeing how much sprites there are to update.

And I don't want to see 2.5D, either.
---
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD
#10VyilmPosted 12/12/2011 7:42:43 AM
I know the graphics are still great, and they indeed hold up quite nicely even today. But they could be even better in glorious 2D HD. In case I wasn't clear, the BlazBlue reference had more to do with the quality of the graphics than the style really, that shouldn't change at all.

And while as you say the effort would be such that it's unlikely to ever happen, if it did I'd be all over it, even if it was priced like a full new release. It's one of my favourite games of all time after all.
---
Try to read it without your brain imploding:
lol at all the fanboys. SSBB has a higher skill cap and is more balanced than SF4. - reajerafa.