This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenosaga HD Collection.

#11art_of_the_killPosted 12/13/2011 8:23:30 PM
Boneca91 posted...
I never finished the first game but I did see a lot of hate for the second one.

What was the deal with that? The changed character models?

Character models were one thing (I greatly preferred the anime-like models), but there was also a drastic drop in the quality of storytelling and gameplay. The battle system is probably one of the worst I've ever come across in a JRPG.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#12izza20Posted 12/14/2011 12:27:44 AM
art_of_the_kill posted...
Boneca91 posted...
I never finished the first game but I did see a lot of hate for the second one.

What was the deal with that? The changed character models?

Character models were one thing (I greatly preferred the anime-like models), but there was also a drastic drop in the quality of storytelling and gameplay. The battle system is probably one of the worst I've ever come across in a JRPG.

...Whereas I'd personally call the battle system one of the best. I thought it was very deep and extremely well done. Anyone who doesn't shy away from a challenge would appreciate it. Those that just want to select attack from a menu over and over wouldn't. I personally think they got better in terms of gameplay with each game.
#13SayoriaPosted 12/14/2011 12:33:06 AM
DeuxHero posted...
Not on the PS3 given Nintendo owns Monolith.

But doesn't Namco own Xenosaga?..... I sort of see it like the whole "Rare and Donkey Kong Country" thing.... Rare made Donkey Kong Country, but Nintendo owns it. Does Monolith actually own Xenosaga? It seems like something I don't see Nintendo to have the rights to.
---
"Ehhhhhhhhhhh????"
*Proud Downtown Gaki No Tsukai fan*
#14arstosPosted 12/14/2011 12:33:39 AM
i'd buy it, i loved the 1st one, but never got around to playing the 2nd one
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers, Unreal Tournament III. feel free to add me.
#15PS2 4 LifePosted 12/14/2011 12:45:41 AM
I wouldn't buy it since I already own all three of them on PS2. Unless, it came with some good bonuses. But, I absolutely LOVED the Xenosaga games. The series is probably my personal favorite RPGs on the PS2.

Sure, some of the cutscenes were long, but it IS an RPG. There was no less talking in this one then are in games like Xenogears. Just instead of clicking X and reading text you are actually watching the scenes take place.

The second one is my least favorite of the three just because they concentrated too much on Junior for my taste. But, the first and third games are classics in my book. Amazing story, memorable characters, fantastic music and a fun battle system made these games quite memorable.

The translation and voice acting was also surprisingly good, unlike the majority of JRPGs that have been released lately.
---
Come play me in Tetris DS.
FC:281 374 579 024
#16Jiek_FafnPosted 12/14/2011 4:19:06 AM
Albedo has been etched into my heart as one of my top villains throughout all of videogames that I have absolutely loved to hate. I still have my old discs but I would still buy this.
---
PSN: Jiek
#17American_Eagle0Posted 12/14/2011 4:22:30 AM
My all time favorite series(did not like the 2nd game though). I would buy a dozen copies if they remade it into HD.
#18CKnightPosted 12/14/2011 4:35:14 AM
But doesn't Namco own Xenosaga?..... I sort of see it like the whole "Rare and Donkey Kong Country" thing.... Rare made Donkey Kong Country, but Nintendo owns it. Does Monolith actually own Xenosaga? It seems like something I don't see Nintendo to have the rights to.

I question that too, I mean MS owns Halo despite Bungie making the game, just like MS owns Project Gotham Racing and probly Fable.

I think Monolith like others simply performed a job but Namco owns the games, intellectual properties, ect.
#19XionPiPosted 12/14/2011 4:37:22 AM
An appearance on the PS2 Classics section is likely, but probably not an HD retail release.
---
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin
#20Power Turtle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 10:32:57 AM
Im not sure what all the hate for XS2 is. its for sure not as good as 1 and 3 but i still found it loads of fun.

i too have all the ps2 games but to have them in HD would be great! XS3 looks amazing even now, and XS1 is in anime type visuals so it still looks nice! theyed both look amazing on hd ps3..

if they come to the PS2 classics.. i may get them just for my Vita, when that thing eventually gets PS2 emulation!! whoo!
---
[SIXX]GremlinGrenade- Too Fast for Love
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one