This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna be getting the Ultimate Edition of Fallout New Vegas.

#1AshWilliams78Posted 12/20/2011 1:28:08 PM
I know it's not out yet but how does the game run on the PS3? I figured the Stand alone and all the Downloadable DLC would be a good indication of how the Ultimate Edition will perform.
---
ShopSmart,ShopS-Mart - Names Ash....Housewares
#2RayconPosted 12/20/2011 1:29:15 PM
Gonna be getting the Ultimate Edition of Fallout New Vegas

No no no no no no no nooooo
---
Raycon posted... There seem to be a lot of would be killers in this kingdom hearts topic...
mecha_mkII posted... You don't **** around with Kingdom Hearts fans.
#3RotuhiiriPosted 12/20/2011 1:37:09 PM
The regular edition had some occasional clipping but after the patches it ran much much better than Fallout 3 on the PS3. It's the only Bethesda game on the PS3 that I really can't complain about the performance for but I haven't played Skyrim on the PS3.

I played the crap out of it, had an 80 hour save file and played the entire game three times but none of the DLC so I can't really speak for that.
---
Dreamcast/Gamecube/Mega Drive/PC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/Saturn/Xbox/Xbox 360/Wii gamer
#4RayconPosted 12/20/2011 1:40:00 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
The regular edition had some occasional clipping but after the patches it ran much much better than Fallout 3 on the PS3. It's the only Bethesda game on the PS3 that I really can't complain about the performance for but I haven't played Skyrim on the PS3.

I played the crap out of it, had an 80 hour save file and played the entire game three times but none of the DLC so I can't really speak for that.

Oh, I did not know there had been fixes. I don't have the internet (and can't download the patches), but I've been told to stay the hell away from it for all the issues it was having...

Hopefully the "Ultimate Edition" comes with all the patches on disc so I can actually play it.

^_^
---
Raycon posted... There seem to be a lot of would be killers in this kingdom hearts topic...
#5wigsplasherPosted 12/20/2011 1:41:24 PM
Sweet! Does it come with all the glitches too?!
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#6tazerhaterPosted 12/20/2011 2:07:44 PM
Raycon posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

Oh, I did not know there had been fixes. I don't have the internet (and can't download the patches), but I've been told to stay the hell away from it for all the issues it was having...

Hopefully the "Ultimate Edition" comes with all the patches on disc so I can actually play it.

^_^

Or you could just download the patch....
---
GT: HELLS WINT3R
Stay Gold. Bang.
#7RayconPosted 12/20/2011 2:18:59 PM
tazerhater posted...
Raycon posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

^_^

Or you could just download the patch....

I can't go online. If developers had their patches available other ways than strictly through PSN, I surely would.
---
#8AputiPosted 12/20/2011 2:24:53 PM
I'd be wary on purchasing this. While NV does run a lot better with the patches it still ran pretty bad the farther you got into it. I've heard having the DLC installed into them makes it run much more worse. For example, Fallout 3 I had no problems with just the vanilla game but once I downloaded and installed all the DLCs the game ran worse than what people claim how Skyrim is running on the PS3 (which is not that bad if you turn off all the autosaves.)
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#9jimi_diniPosted 12/20/2011 2:28:23 PM
Glay posted...
Gonna be getting the Ultimate Edition of Fallout New Vegas.

^^

that's how you handle Bethesda/Obsidian games (*looks at Skyrim*)
---
PSN: OldJimiDini
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/OldJimiDini
#101stbasemanbeckPosted 12/20/2011 2:40:29 PM
Can't wait for this Ultimate Edition.

Developers/publishers take note:

Game with tons of digital-only content = me buying the vanilla game used later

Game with all extra content on the physical disc ready to play = day one buy brand new.

Also I'm sure it will be buggy but Fallout 3 Ultimate wasn't bad. The trick is to uninstall the game once your save file gets huge (but don't delete the save). Next time when you reload the save you should be fine (though you should leave the game sit for an hour while it installs itself). I assume the same will be true for this one. Can't wait.
---
Cloud computing and digital-only content = the lack of consumer control over games and the loss of retrogaming. And they call this progress.