This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Kojima really that bad at English? How can he be if he watches so many movies

#61Chilly82Posted 12/28/2011 8:47:30 AM
scph9002ster posted...
Chilly82 posted...
scph9002ster posted...
Chilly82 posted...
scph9002ster posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
err...movies have japanese substitles maybe?

That would make his English better.

Maybe the movies where dubbed, that's why germans, italians, french and greeks suck at english... generally speaking.

Wrong. I am a languages buff and this is untrue. Watching an English audio movies with Japanese subtitles would make you only worse.

You need Japanese subs and audio, or at least English subs on Japanese audio.

And how the hell would anyone learn english from an english movie thats both subbed and dubbed? Reading lips?

Im very sure about my point so it would require more then illogical statements to make me see it in another way.

Very easy. Of course this would require basic knowledge of the language, it is step two in the learning process. Generally you learn how to read before you learn how to speak/listen. Watching a movie subbed and dubbed in English, the watcher would try and listen to the movie and understand the dialogue. They can use the English subs to associate particular sounds with words and build up listening skills and word recognition.

So that is "how the hell" one would learn English from subbed and dubbed English movies. Tell me, have you ever tried to learn a different language? Didn't think so.

English is my other language.

You said smth about learning English by watching an english movie that is both subbed and dubbed to Japanese. That means the movie got japanese audio AND japanese text... yeah, thats silly.

No I am saying if you were Japanese, the best way to learn English, after learning the basics, would be to watch English subbed and dubbed films.
#62scph9002sterPosted 12/28/2011 8:52:04 AM
Chilly82 posted...
scph9002ster posted...
Chilly82 posted...
scph9002ster posted...
Chilly82 posted...
scph9002ster posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
err...movies have japanese substitles maybe?

That would make his English better.

Maybe the movies where dubbed, that's why germans, italians, french and greeks suck at english... generally speaking.

Wrong. I am a languages buff and this is untrue. Watching an English audio movies with Japanese subtitles would make you only worse.

You need Japanese subs and audio, or at least English subs on Japanese audio.

And how the hell would anyone learn english from an english movie thats both subbed and dubbed? Reading lips?

Im very sure about my point so it would require more then illogical statements to make me see it in another way.

Very easy. Of course this would require basic knowledge of the language, it is step two in the learning process. Generally you learn how to read before you learn how to speak/listen. Watching a movie subbed and dubbed in English, the watcher would try and listen to the movie and understand the dialogue. They can use the English subs to associate particular sounds with words and build up listening skills and word recognition.

So that is "how the hell" one would learn English from subbed and dubbed English movies. Tell me, have you ever tried to learn a different language? Didn't think so.

English is my other language.

You said smth about learning English by watching an english movie that is both subbed and dubbed to Japanese. That means the movie got japanese audio AND japanese text... yeah, thats silly.

No I am saying if you were Japanese, the best way to learn English, after learning the basics, would be to watch English subbed and dubbed films.

Do you mean a normal english movie with its original english audio with english text? Ok then I understand you ^^
---
Sugarpuff - Talnivarr