This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 wireless surround headset for 50$ at gamestop

#1viajarvPosted 12/27/2011 1:25:44 AM
Just bought mine tonight. Price on the box says 99$, but ask them to ring it up to check the price. It rang up for 50 bucks for me and many other people. Could be a price mistake, could be an unadvertised sales price, but the system has it at half off so get it while it's super hot.
#2nonames4uPosted 12/27/2011 2:29:36 AM
I went the headphone route for night gaming as my girl works first shift and I work second shift, so she always goes to bed 4-6 hours before I do. However, the headphones didn't work out so well for me.

I used to use the headphones when my girl was sleeping as to not disturb her, but she has scared the living hell out of me a few times by walking up behind me and touching me while I was gaming. Something she thinks is funny, while I don't find it funny at all.

Now I just use the TV volume on low while she is sleeping, it's not as immersive but I can hear things going on around me... so she can't "ambush" me any more :P

Also - I have tried 4 pairs of "surround sound" headphones so far and none of them even come close to the sound of my actual 7.1 surround sound stereo set up.

My current pair is from Turtle Beach, I like them and they do sound better then a regular pair of stereo headphones but the "distance" and "separation" of the surround sound channels just doesn't compare to my stereo, not even close.
---
You are all just coming through in waves....Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying...
#3LennyGcPosted 12/27/2011 1:12:05 PM
Next time I visit Gamestop I buy them if the price is still $50. Thanks for the heads up. :)
---
.:Wii & PS3:. PSN: LennyGC // #praisethesun
Games I'm playing: MW3, Fifa 12.
#4RagnoraokPosted 12/27/2011 1:18:35 PM
just use a regular cell phone bluetooth. no real difference, except way cheaper.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#5LennyGcPosted 12/27/2011 1:19:48 PM

just use a regular cell phone bluetooth. no real difference, except way cheaper.

What. Are you serious?

Cellphone bluetooths are just for chat purposes, not for stereo/surround sound and chat.
---
.:Wii & PS3:. PSN: LennyGC // #praisethesun
Games I'm playing: MW3, Fifa 12.
#6la_cercaPosted 12/27/2011 1:20:08 PM
Damn, my parents just got me a pair of these for Christmas, they could've saved 50 bucks. Regardless it will come in handy, for a similar reason as noname posted, my baby daughter goes to bed at like 9, and the slightest noise wakes her up. Of course it won't sound as good as 7 actual speakers spread throughout a whole room, but it works for me.
---
PSN - ocstat
Games owned - PS = 21, PS2 = 0; they were all stolen >:|, PS3 = 42