This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

'Waterfall' level SERIOUS issues in Ico.

#1Justice98405Posted 12/27/2011 1:05:23 PM
I just had to do the stupid 'lucky button push' to get the right jump off the booster in the Waterfall area, and now I'm trying to jump on the moving water wheel and then climb up fast and jump to the bar to get where I need to go, because apparently the PAL version has these areas with ladders that are broken.
I'm about to BREAK THIS DAMN DISC! This is not about timing or button pushes, it's about LUCK. Luck that I don't get a bad angle and am unable to grab the wheel, and then PRAYING that I have enough time to SLOWLY climb up the 'ledge' before I fall off and jump to the ledge I need to grab.
ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any tips, before I shatter this stupid disc!??!
Note: I really do like this game, but this is STUPID.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2riddlebox89Posted 12/27/2011 1:24:41 PM
turn it off and take some time to cool down.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2011 1:27:52 PM
Not helpful. I did just get severely lucky and got through it.
Oh. My. God.
That is how you NOT design a platforming gameplay based puzzle if your game has TERRIBLE detection far as grabbing onto ledges and such.
As I said, I still like the game so far, but damn, that is TERRIBLE.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#4fresno123Posted 12/27/2011 3:30:28 PM
try playing CoD if you think thats frustrating
---
PSN: poopinpenguins XBL:poopinpenguins------i play games, not systems
#5CompassPosted 12/27/2011 5:07:00 PM
Just did this part a couple days ago. I agree it's really bad.

Interesting, I didn't realize it was unique to the PAL version. I played the NA one on release and naturally don't recall this area these many years later.
#6BilI_RizerPosted 12/27/2011 5:10:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7peter_888Posted 12/27/2011 5:14:01 PM
yeah that's the one part of the game I really hated. but I found the rest of the game to be very enjoyable.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#8MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 12/28/2011 8:13:32 AM
I keep reading about this problem with the wheel, but I did that in a few tries after I realised that that was where I needed to go. I'll see if I can do it as quickly when I play through again at some point.

The part right before that was what made me all "!!!!??!!?!?", with that moving platform to high jump crap. The trick with that is that Ico crouches a little before he jumps, and it needs to be timed with that. It is hard, but it's not just luck.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0U84z_SZv4&t=8m31s
#9Cobin22Posted 12/28/2011 9:07:41 AM
I had problems with this area until I figured out a method that seems to work. Once you get on the wheel, don't try to jump to the ledge right away. Instead, run to the side for a second and then jump towards the ledge. This way, for me at least, always ended up working out and Ico didn't just sit there and fall off the wheel.
---
PSN: Cobin22
#10servb0tsPosted 12/28/2011 9:10:33 AM
I hate when Luck is envolved in any game.

Demon's Soul Pure Blade Stone drop got me frustarted as Hell.