This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What PS3 game uses New Game+ best?

#1jammiesPosted 1/15/2012 5:18:25 AM
Also, what games don't have it that you think really should?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#2Teepo64Posted 1/15/2012 5:21:54 AM
Dungeon Siege III should have it. I heard it doesn't.
---
"I'd like to wish the GameFAQs community Happy Holidays! I love some of you! :)"
PSN ID: Teepo_64
#3LunarRoarPosted 1/15/2012 5:24:14 AM
Bayonetta does it well enough I guess. You can grind in lower difficulties to help you through the tougher difficulties since everything carries over.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
#4nonexistingheroPosted 1/15/2012 5:25:21 AM
Hmm... probably Devil May Cry 4 and Bayonetta. You get to keep all you got, can beat multiple difficulties at any time on the same save file, you can tackle other difficulties mission-by-mission and also play on other difficulties in-between (so you can get good stuff on an easier difficulty).

Hmm... yeah, a new game + doesn't really get better than that.

Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 also has an excellent new game + though.
1. If you load your endgame file, you start with everything you had (on the same difficulty though).
2. If you select a new game on a difficulty you've beaten before, you can choose to start with all weapons, ninpo and projectile weapons.
3. If you select a new game on an already beaten difficulty, you can also select a fresh new game.

Especially #2 is a rather unique and very nice NG+ feature. I'd like to see it more often. Start with all abilities, but not with any upgrades.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5AnatomyHorrorPosted 1/15/2012 5:33:51 AM
Splatterhouse does it good, regardless if you like the game or not. You keep all unlock moves, health upgrades etc. Also the collectibles don't respawn so you'll know the ones you missed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
Best of 2011 - Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, MotorStorm 3, Shadows of the Damned
#6awesomesauce13Posted 1/15/2012 6:09:05 AM
All Ratchet and Clank games do it well, unless you count the fact that the game is easier after the first few levels. Borderlands did it really well too
#7-Damien-Posted 1/15/2012 6:48:06 AM
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls

you get to keep everything, but the enemies got to be much harder. So in a way, it gets very challenging but you got more options to fight them with
#8jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 6:51:17 AM
-Damien- posted...
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls

you get to keep everything, but the enemies got to be much harder. So in a way, it gets very challenging but you got more options to fight them with

That sounds pretty cool.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#9shads3055Posted 1/15/2012 7:16:21 AM
batman with all the riddler challenges,, but its a shame u cant play has robin or nightwing in freeroam
#10Ninja4HPosted 1/15/2012 7:29:54 AM
Apparently you can use all the character skins in-game now, or in the upcoming weeks. Think this applies to Robin and Nightwing...

Loved the new game + in Arkham City. Haven't been that satisfied beating up a slew of goons in years.

Red Faction Armageddon gets a nod due to Mr. Toots.
---
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja