This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think the PS4 will have trophies?

#1EternalNetherPosted 1/21/2012 9:15:44 PM
Or do you think they'll come up with a new system of accomplishments for next gen? And if they do keep trophies, do you want your current level and trophies and list of played games to carry over with you?

I'm personally hoping they keep trophies but focus on better integration. Some games have a delay when activating a trophy when you've earned it. And syncing is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes and shouldn't need to be done.
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2 PS3 (2nd Playthrough)
Currently Anticipating: FFXIII-2, Mass Effect 3, Tales of Graces F, Kingdom of Amalur
#2ShinobiHayabusaPosted 1/21/2012 9:16:11 PM
i think theyll keep psn id and trophies
---
My wrestling theme: youtube.com/watch?v=23ZK5Sp2uFc
Last game i beat: Donkey Kong Country (co-op) and Knuckles Chaotix (crappy game)
#3nite1017Posted 1/21/2012 9:19:38 PM(edited)
ps4 should have actual reward... like if you platinum a game, you recieve some special avatars to use. or something like a discount for their next game.
#4EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 9:21:33 PM
nite1017 posted...
ps4 should have actual reward... like if you platinum a game, you recieve some special avatars to use. or something like a discount for their next game.

A discount on their next game is probably going a little bit far. But the in-game rewards for certain trophies is something that I can realistically (and would personally like to) see happening. Some games already do this (FFXIII comes to mind) but it needs to be integrated into more games.
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2 PS3 (2nd Playthrough)
Currently Anticipating: FFXIII-2, Mass Effect 3, Tales of Graces F, Kingdom of Amalur
#5MikeugamePosted 1/21/2012 9:22:08 PM
I'm hoping for rewards, as well as the 3d trophies hall of fame room like they said we were getting for ps3 which never came.
#6AlltraPosted 1/21/2012 9:23:53 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't. I would like to see what FFXIII did with it's trophies become the norm though. You earn a trophy, you get a new avatar or theme depending on the trophy. I'd also like what Uncharted has done to become the norm again. Trophies are linked to in-game achievements that unlock in game content like new costumes or characters, instead of having them be relegated to DLC.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours.
#7lightbringer768Posted 1/21/2012 9:28:06 PM
The question is why would they not have trophies, unless they come out with a different system then we already have.
#8nite1017Posted 1/21/2012 9:30:29 PM

The question is why would they not have trophies, unless they come out with a different system then we already have.

i think trophies and achievements are here to stay. even the psvita have trophies that will link to your main psn id.
#9CyborgTwentyPosted 1/22/2012 4:58:15 AM
if you get a platinum, the next 5 games you get should be free.
#10Thermador446Posted 1/22/2012 7:27:26 AM
PS4 wont exist.
A solar flare will wipe out all electronics in the world by the end of the year.
---
Im sorry but Im not equipped to reach a conclusion regarding that assessment at this time and whats more let me add that Iwill explode your head for saying that