This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rage or borderlands

#21GoGoRoBo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 8:37:48 PM
Thank you all very much for the suggestions, for now, I decided to get rage anarchy edition and Rayman origins. I might grab the goty borderlands down the track. Cheers people
#22Stoopid_FoolPosted 2/3/2012 8:43:17 PM
teniustheg posted...
I was about to say Borderlands. I picked up the GOTY edition about a month ago for 29.99 at Gamesuck. I'd say I got my moneys worth. Lots of fun looting for new guns and character mods. It is a bit of a grind though. The multiplayer is still fairly active and fun, although very very buggy. And there is literally no story. I could explain it in two sentences. You will find mini stories about what some other people were doing on the planet etc, but as for story, the game is very shallow.

I've never played Rage, I'm tempted to check it out but people saying some pretty bad stuff about it.

I'd say check out Borderlands GOTY, even though its a grind and has no story, I found myself saying "damn, I can't believe I skipped over this game".
---
"I couldn't help it. It just popped in there."

Lol Gamesuck, I assume you're reffering to gamestop and I'm glad you put it the way you did as I strongly dislike gamestop for ripping me off multiple times. As for TC I would recommend Borderlands, its probably cheaper right now and maybe more fun idk I haven't played Rage. I am havin fun with Borderlands right now though.
#23FiendingHardPosted 2/3/2012 9:48:36 PM
GoGoRoBo posted...
Thank you all very much for the suggestions, for now, I decided to get rage anarchy edition and Rayman origins. I might grab the goty borderlands down the track. Cheers people

Great choice on Rayman Origins. One of the best games of last year, and among the best 2D platformers of all time.

Just some warnings about RAGE. The graphics are phenomenal (lots of pop-in though). The enemy AI is borderline genius (platforms on the environment by jumping on walls, roofs, barriers instead of running straight at you, will fall back to regroup with other enemies instead of taking you head-on, etc), some of the weapons are great fun, and the controls are extremely responsive.

The story is fairly average (Borderlands doesn't even have a story though), and the ending is beyond lackluster. There isn't even a final boss fight which is disappointing considering there are a few boss fights and they are all very well done.

In the end it is a solid game and well worth it if you can find it for around $30.
---
The universe is a dark place. I'm trying to make it brighter before I die. -Thane Krios
#24Thermador446Posted 2/3/2012 9:54:54 PM
GoGoRoBo posted...

If you can still find the Anarchy Edition, Rage is a good idea.
I just got it like a week ago. Probably the best FPS I've played this gen.
Races are pretty fun, half Mario Cart, half Motostrorm. Good mix.

Borderlands is still worth checking out too.
---
Im sorry but Im not equipped to reach a conclusion regarding that assessment at this time and whats more let me add that Iwill explode your head for saying that