This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXIII-2 short review

#1methosagainPosted 2/3/2012 12:18:56 PM
So here we are, the sequel to what has perhaps became the most explosive talking point game this gen, a game that has been touted as not only an pointing finger at the demise of the Final fantasy brand, bit a damming piece of evidence pointing towards the demise of Japanese gaming itself. Wrongly or rightly, FFXIII has became all these things and more , so when FFXIII-2 was announced, it didnít exactly set the world a fire. But now that its here, is it as bad as many would blindly state it is?

Personally I am overall more pleased with FFXIII-2 than I was its forebearer, yes the game has its issues, its story is an convoluted mess and some of its music itís the most oddly placed and composed music in all of gaming, but it has a weird vibe going on in it that makes it a bit different than other FF games but in a good way unlike FFXIII. A lot of the decisions in the game, from the strange way the story flows to its music selection to the more standout like its atheistic design to the obvious time gates scream IMO Chrono Trigger/Cross more so than the do FF. I kept expecting to hear the Brink of Twon play in the BG at any minute while playing the game.

Like I stated the design of the game is just so vastly better than FFXIII IMO, it shares many of the same areas, but the way they are colored and lit now is just so vastly better than FFXIII IMO, and many are just outright beautiful.

Musically the game is all over the place, some of the music is amazing, others like the cultural screaming boss music needs to die, but as I mentioned the music also gives it its own charm so take it as it is.

Gameplay is much improved, battles flow better, and the new upgrade system is a far step above FFXIII in giving you some control over character development. I am loving the game, its not FF really, but it is better than the sum of its parts and worth trying
---
Screw Dogs and Cats, keep a Monitor lizard!!
I fed two adopted African kids to my Kenyan Rock python, and he caught Syphilis from them!!!
#2almasbabyPosted 2/3/2012 12:22:51 PM
I'll pass. Waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur.
#3antoinejonesPosted 2/3/2012 12:24:20 PM
almasbaby posted...

lol kindom of alamur.... Id like that game a LOT more i fit was online but its single player sooo no
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#4almasbabyPosted 2/3/2012 12:27:10 PM
antoinejones posted...
almasbaby posted...

lol kindom of alamur.... Id like that game a LOT more i fit was online but its single player sooo no

Suit yourself. It's an rpg, and a rather lengthy one. I doubt most people interested in it even care if it's online or not.
#5HanzaishaPosted 2/3/2012 12:27:55 PM
methosagain posted...
I am loving the game...

Marked for trolling.
#6methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 12:33:34 PM
Hanzaisha posted...
methosagain posted...
I am loving the game...

Marked for trolling.

LOL, the game is pretty good
---
I fed two adopted African kids to my Kenyan Rock python, and he caught Syphilis from them!!!
#7Master_HapposaiPosted 2/3/2012 12:37:34 PM

almasbaby posted...

MP games suck sooo no
#8DWB1982Posted 2/3/2012 12:48:07 PM
The sooner you people admit that FF has become garbage, the sooner you will get a better FF game. I'm all for an epic FF game but the latest installments have been terrible. Stop supporting garbage and maybe they will stop serving you garbage.
---
PSN=MWB1982
#9methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 12:52:55 PM
If one enjoys something, how can it be defined as garbage?
---
#10Tmac2035Posted 2/3/2012 12:53:48 PM
Seriously, FF has lost just about everything that made it great. It is a mere shadow of it's former self, and that's me being generous.

Personally, I believe the quality dropped drastically after the PS1 era, but the NES and SNES are by far my favorites.
---
PSN: Toastie_McBake
3DS FC: 5284-1743-3656