This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom

#1Luketheman5Posted 2/3/2012 4:44:01 PM
Really cheap at my local store. I like Capcom and I like Marvel, but I've never really got into a fighting game besides super smash brothers melee/brawl. Do you think its worth picking up?
---
Currently Playing: Nothing for now.
PSN: Luketheman5
#2FiendingHardPosted 2/3/2012 4:45:40 PM
Its only worth picking up if you enjoy the fighting and the character selection. There isn't a whole lot of single player content but if you enjoy competitive games and have a desire to get better you'll easily spend weeks if not months on the game.
---
The universe is a dark place. I'm trying to make it brighter before I die. -Thane Krios
#3FlashCharliePosted 2/3/2012 4:53:43 PM
The game is already dying, you are better off waiting for the superior contentful Street Fighter X Tekken.
#4cleanchrisPosted 2/3/2012 4:59:25 PM
FlashCharlie posted...
The game is already dying, you are better off waiting for the superior contentful Street Fighter X Tekken.

meh, that's arguable.

sure, SFxT will take a chunk of the population away from Marvel 3, but the "hardcores" & people that love Marvel & vs series Marvel games will stick with Marvel 3.
---
The revelation of the official Zelda timeline is concrete evidence that 2012 is in fact the end of the world.
#5Evil_GogetaPosted 2/3/2012 5:01:06 PM
FlashCharlie posted...

This isn`t true, there is still a flourishing online community, I have always gotten into matches real fast.
If it`s really cheap and you like both sides characters and you want to give it a go, it`s easy to start to learn, but may take a while to master!
As someone mentioned most of the fun is online, but theres Heroes and Heralds mode, Arcade mode and Mission mode in which you can train yourself (as well as Training ofc lol).
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona
Currently Playing: Tales of Innocence R, UMvC3 and Ni no Kuni.
#6izza20Posted 2/3/2012 5:14:09 PM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
FlashCharlie posted...

This isn`t true, there is still a flourishing online community, I have always gotten into matches real fast.
If it`s really cheap and you like both sides characters and you want to give it a go, it`s easy to start to learn, but may take a while to master!
As someone mentioned most of the fun is online, but theres Heroes and Heralds mode, Arcade mode and Mission mode in which you can train yourself (as well as Training ofc lol).

Flourishing as long as you are in the US. Anywhere else you'll probably struggle to find a match.
#7Evil_GogetaPosted 2/3/2012 5:15:52 PM
izza20 posted...
Flourishing as long as you are in the US. Anywhere else you'll probably struggle to find a match.

I live in Japan and get a match real fast! UMvC isn't even that popular here!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona
Currently Playing: Tales of Innocence R, UMvC3 and Ni no Kuni.
#8Luketheman5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 5:21:55 PM
I'm in Australia so I'm not sure how popular it would be online.
---
Currently Playing: Nothing for now.
PSN: Luketheman5
#9kyte97Posted 2/3/2012 5:28:29 PM
So do I, and it only takes about half a minute to get a match.
---
The Official Barret Wallace of the Dissidia 012 boards
Still waiting for MMX9 Capcom >.>
#10SpacePirateSealPosted 2/3/2012 7:52:07 PM
cleanchris posted...
FlashCharlie posted...

meh, that's arguable.

sure, SFxT will take a chunk of the population away from Marvel 3, but the "hardcores" & people that love Marvel & vs series Marvel games will stick with Marvel 3.

Yeah all 60k of them worldwide.... *chuckles*
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE: Vega SFxT: Vega x Yoshimitzu
UMVC3: Taskmaster/Strider/Deadpool, Pheonix Wright/Felicia/Frank West!