This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The PS3 d-pad is SO much better than the 360's d-pad"

#1r_m_8_8Posted 2/7/2012 11:29:44 AM
It's completely true, and actually one of the reasons I went with PS3 instead of 360. Way better for fighters and... every game that uses the d-pad.

But, I bought a "Hori Pad 3 Turbo" earlier this year, and by now I'm sure I'll never go back to the regular PS3 controller unless I really have to. Not only is the d-pad WAY better than on the Dualshock 3, but the analog sticks feel less "loose" which makes them much better. Man, Hori knows about controllers, I also remember liking my Hori N64 controller way better than the original one back in the day.

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/psx3/hard/horipad3.jpg

Also, you can use them on your PC without any additional software. Since it's wired, it's also quite cheap. So yeah, I really recommend it.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#2ComfortablySadPosted 2/7/2012 11:32:12 AM
Do you work for Hori?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
http://www.astutegamers.com
#3SayoriaPosted 2/7/2012 11:32:55 AM
Lord, I helped my brother reconfigure his internet settings on his 360, and my God, I have never been so happy to use the PS3 controllers..... Using that D-Pad was hell.
---
"Ehhhhhhhhhhh????"
*Proud Downtown Gaki No Tsukai fan*
#4r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 11:33:23 AM
Nope. I'm recommending an accessory I liked.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#5Killah PriestPosted 2/7/2012 11:36:18 AM
I hate that stupid D-pad, who thought it was a good idea to have 4 little arrows.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 11:39:53 AM
I read somewhere that it was to avoid copyright infringement, since Nintendo owns the original d-pad. But then, plenty of controllers have what appear to be regular d-pads, like the Dreamcast. So who knows.

And talking about d-pads, has anyone tried the one on the Wii's Classic Controller? It's pretty much flawless. Shame the Wii is lacking in the fighting department, it's used mostly for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom I guess.
---
#7ComfortablySadPosted 2/7/2012 11:40:06 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Nope. I'm recommending an accessory I liked.

Cool, I was just kidding by the way.

The newest 360 controllers have an improved D-pad but they still aren't as good as the PS3's. How much was your Hori controller?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
http://www.astutegamers.com
#8JonathanMorris2Posted 2/7/2012 11:40:44 AM
My heart goes out to anyone playing a platformer on the 360's d-pad.
#9wigsplasherPosted 2/7/2012 11:47:15 AM
Both d-pad's suck. I've been playing through some pre-Analog controller PS One classics and it's a pain.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
#10r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 11:49:50 AM
It was a present, but it's around $35 in Play Asia if I recall correctly.

Currently playing SoulCalibur V and KOFXIII with it, it makes a bigger difference with KOFXIII because of the precise inputs. It won't replace a fighting stick, but not being a high level player, I've always liked controllers better for fighters.
---