This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 60GB finally died, I think, and has a stuck disc inside

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My 60GB finally died, I think, and has a stuck disc inside
3 years ago#1
So my PS3 randomly shut off and I got the blinking red light, I keep trying to power it on, but the light always blinks red, and sometimes will turn yellow. Is it dead for good?

I have a stuck Netflix disc inside and i've tried various tricks to get it out, and none have worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

PS 60GB 2006-2012 RIP.
---
Gamer Tag-SiriusBlack1985
PSN-BruceLee007
3 years ago#2
So your disc is like pain killers and the PS3 is like Bruce Lee?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
3 years ago#3
Hair dryer trick.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
3 years ago#4
Dead for good. If you hold down the eject button for about 10 seconds it should turn on and spit the disc out.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
http://www.astutegamers.com
3 years ago#5
Since you probably don't have a warranty on it anymore, the easiest thing to do would be to just open up the PS3 and Blu-ray drive to get the disc out, provided you have the appropriate tools.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My 60GB finally died, I think, and has a stuck disc inside

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived