This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you check simple game data? Like how long you've played X game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do you check simple game data? Like how long you've played X game?

User Info: Sain_of_Caelin

Sain_of_Caelin
4 years ago#1
I'm having trouble finding this information. It's easy on the Wii, I'm surprised it's not as simple on the PS3, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
PSN: KiwiTheGoo

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#2
It depends entirely on the game. Sometimes the game save will display it, sometimes it won't. Sometimes there will be in-game stat menus which show you. Sometimes you won't have any indication how long you've played.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: gtaking5

gtaking5
4 years ago#3
I don't know how it works on the Wii as I haven't had one since my brother sold his for $50 a few years ago. I called him an idiot. Anyway I'm assuming you can check how long you've played a game from the Wii menu thing somewhere? As far as I know, that's not possible on the PS3 unless you look at a games save file. And even then most don't show the amount of time you've been playing the game.
If you throw away food then you're a planet killer, and the ghost of a dead homeless dude might haunt your bathtub

Sain_of_Caelin
4 years ago#4
Huh, that's unfortunate.

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#5
No it isn't. Most people don't want to realize they've played certain games for so long.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

Sain_of_Caelin
4 years ago#6
Nothing wrong with more options though. Shouldn't marginalize the group who wants the information because other groups who don't want to know can't help but look.

User Info: KirbyWithAGun

KirbyWithAGun
4 years ago#7
AwayFromHere posted...
No it isn't. Most people don't want to realize they've played certain games for so long.

I wouldnt say most people. Most people dont give a **** since they dont have time to play a game for to long.
games: PS3: MAG,LBP1&2 and many others
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list. Add only if over 18 and have mic.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#8
AwayFromHere posted...

This... It's bad enough I have games like Dark/Demon's Souls that remind I have wasted 200+ hours of my life... on one file.

>_<
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11

User Info: gtaking5

gtaking5
4 years ago#9
AwayFromHere posted...

This... It's bad enough I have games like Dark/Demon's Souls that remind I have wasted 200+ hours of my life... on one file.

>_<

There's nothing wrong with playing video games. Answer me this. Did you have fun wasting said time? Obviously you did, or you wouldn't continue to play the game for 200+ hours. Thus, said wasted time was not wasted time.
If you throw away food then you're a planet killer, and the ghost of a dead homeless dude might haunt your bathtub

User Info: poolmav2007

poolmav2007
4 years ago#10
I hope they come with a system for PS4 that lets you see the time played for every game. I've always been interested in knowing how much time I've spent with a game.

And if you don't want to know, then don't look.

Maybe even have trophies related to how much time you spent playing games all together.

E.g. A bronze trophy for every 25 hours played among the games. Ten hours with GTA 6, ten hours with FF 15, and 5 hours with MGS 5 will net you a bronze trophy. And so forth.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do you check simple game data? Like how long you've played X game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived