This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Once PS4 games come out, will PS3 stop production?

#11DemonDog666Posted 6/9/2012 3:30:18 PM
No, people forget how many countries Sony ships too, right now it's mainly selling ps2s in alot of 3rd world countries and stuff, they'll start to push ps3 in those places, it will be in production for years to come. That said they won't be as common in NA and japan and stuff, but I think you'd still be able to get one if you looked around enough and definitely if you bought online.

I think it will be supported atleast 4-5 years after ps4 comes out to some degree.
#12not__shawn__zPosted 6/9/2012 3:37:22 PM
Hycoudog9 posted...
NextGenISbetter posted...
ieatfishyz123 posted...

Y wood any1 make a game for an outdated last place console ?

That is funny, the PS3 passed both the Wii and Xbox 360 in sales this year... so troll your argument is invalid. Unless you meant to say first place

Lol wow defensive fanboy alert. So 1 year ahead makes up for 5 behind?
---
~you educated bro? If you were, this would be a very simple concept to understand.~
#13NextGenISbetterPosted 6/9/2012 4:28:14 PM
Hycoudog9 posted...
ieatfishyz123 posted...

That is funny, the PS3 passed both the Wii and Xbox 360 in sales this year... so troll your argument is invalid. Unless you meant to say first place

fanboi much my brokitten ?
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. 720 already won the next gen and it isn't even out yet.
#14Gamer4ever77Posted 6/9/2012 4:35:18 PM
The PS3 will continue to be supported for a long time because not many people will get the PS4 right away.
---
I will not change this until WWE brings back the KOTR PPV. {Started 2-1-10}
Minnesota Vikings 2011: 3-13
#15kinglink13Posted 6/9/2012 4:40:11 PM
LinkinLawg posted...
kinglink13 posted...
There are still games coming out on the PS2...Take that as you think.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2

*sees no upcoming release section*

And Sony even stopped making MLB The Show for PS2, MLB 11 was the last one made for that system. I'd say the PS2 is on its way out. They might still make the system, just not games.

Sport games are still coming to PS2.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#16poolmav2007Posted 6/9/2012 4:47:34 PM
I think it'll have a shorter than normal lifespan after the PS4 hits the shelf, but it'll be at least a couple of years before they stop production. I don't believe it'll be anything like it is with the PS2.
#17SetzeraPosted 6/9/2012 5:00:39 PM
If PS2 is an example, they were putting games out for it until late last year or early this year. Roughly 6 years after PS3 was released.

I think PS3 will be supported for several more years before most people will feel like PS4 is getting all the good stuff.
#18nozomi429Posted 6/9/2012 5:04:55 PM

^Why would anyone purposely...?

I hope not. I was going to buy a PS2 slim before I realized they just stopped production. Now I have to buy a used one.
---
Zombi.
#192DFighter84Posted 6/9/2012 5:18:42 PM
Hycoudog9 posted...
ieatfishyz123 posted...

fanboi much my brokitten ?

as if you didn't expect it... it's the PS3 board. now troll him better! entertain me.

and you, the fanboy, get angry and Hulk smash the troll... or whatever the internet equivalent of a Hulk smash would be.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless
#20ieatfishyz123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 5:21:25 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
No, people forget how many countries Sony ships too, right now it's mainly selling ps2s in alot of 3rd world countries and stuff, they'll start to push ps3 in those places, it will be in production for years to come. That said they won't be as common in NA and japan and stuff, but I think you'd still be able to get one if you looked around enough and definitely if you bought online.

I think it will be supported atleast 4-5 years after ps4 comes out to some degree.

What the hell are you even talking about? Not production of the console, OF THE GAMES. Can't you read? I asked will developers still create PS3 games after the PS4 is released? You are on an entirely different tangent.