This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony deciding to ban accounts of people who spent money on games is ridiculous

#71mjc0961Posted 6/10/2012 4:10:50 PM
Cpt_Pineapple posted...
fair, next

This. Purchases are tied to your account. Lose your account by breaking obvious rules, lose your purchases. This is made clear in the Terms of Use you agreed to follow and then did not follow.
---
YOU'RE a pie chart.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=mjc0961
#72lostnumberwarPosted 6/10/2012 4:16:13 PM
Birdman_atrilli posted
"Here is the timeline.
1.I gets geohoted.
2.My god this is awseome!
3.Day of the ban man wtf I was going to restore and go back to the official firmware.
4. PS3 is pretty much useless I'm not restoring nor updating.
5.I need a new hdd for my ps3.
6.Switches HDD on ps3, restores backup
7.Tries to play FF7 or any other games downloaded on it
8.MAN WHAT THE I CANT ACTIVATE MY PS3 BANNED!
9.Well at least my account is not banned, guess i'll just buy another ps3 and go clean.
10. Goes to friends house, hey let me check my psn account on your ps3.
11.MAN WHAT THE HELLL NOOOOOOOOO
12. Man sony this is messed up, *look online oh. there is a way for me to play my deactivated games again?
13. "smug" well **** you sony for doing me wrong like that, that was od"

So according to you criminal logic and being angry at being caught makes thievery ok.
Yeah you got what you deserved.
Case closed.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#73Skul_Posted 6/10/2012 4:18:05 PM
Digital distribution is a piece of crap.

Although, you cant complain TC, its part of the (stupid) TOS.
---
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF.
i5-2500@3.3GHz|8GB|GeForceGTX550TI||W7-64bit|1TBHDD|P8Z68M-PRO
#74spacejamjordanzPosted 6/10/2012 4:21:10 PM
It's time to wise up TC. When does the blaming stop and personal responsibility start?

Your situation sucks, but you need to take responsibility for your actions. When you go in that direction you should always be aware of the risks you are taking.

Once you get banned, you lose it all. Read the TOS
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#75SetzeraPosted 6/10/2012 4:33:11 PM
This topic title is misleading. I thought buying things on PSN was suddenly bad, instead I found out TC was ban hammered, and quite frankly, you took the risk and got burned.

Next time, don't play with fire, especially if you agree to a contract that says "Will not play with fire".
#76mistergrownmanPosted 6/10/2012 4:39:31 PM(edited)
You agreed to the TOS, because you can't get on PSN without it. When you are about agree to something, it's your duty to actually read what you are agreeing to.

With what happened to PSN last year, common sense should make you know that custom firmware is CLEARLY out of the question. You took a risk and you lost. It's your fault, not theirs this time. You are going to have to accept that sooner or later.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#77StL_8355Posted 6/10/2012 4:34:25 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
Birdman_atrilli posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
You used CFW. You broke the rules. You received punishment for said rule breaking what's not to understand?
So you spent a few bucks on PSN games yet exactly how should Sony know whether the price you did pay outweighs the prices you didn't. CFW is mainly used for piracy. Sony took steps to prevent being robbed by you. Learn your lesson and move on.
Like the dude said "fair, next".

But how come Sony sent emails to people asking them to clean up their ps3 or they would be banned, while I didn't get any, just an email saying that I was baned?

Was it cuz they saw I had black persons name?

No it's because you are a pirate you said so yourself. "because I found a way that I can't disclose here on how to make my ps3 play those ps1 games"
Thievery=Crime=Punishment regardless of race.

YARGGGGGG ME MATEY
---
VITA: FIREXBUDXSTL
I go 2 U of Harverd with a full ride scholership U JELLY-DironmanX
#78SODISPosted 6/10/2012 4:35:09 PM
If it makes TC feel any better. He can still get all the games he wants, except now he just can't pay for it anymore.

:)
---
NIER
#79crazyman32Posted 6/10/2012 4:40:44 PM
Birdman_atrilli posted...
Like seriously man.
I had a bunch of PSN/PS1 games on there.
I got banned well(geohot's magic trick), and you mean to tell me I lose all my stuff?
Including the PS1 games that I coulda used on my vita?

That is just crazy, i get the banning of the ps3, or at least letting you transfer your purchases.
But going this way and making me buy all them games again is ludacris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrhVo1WA78
you had custom firmware and Sony warned people so you deserve what happened to you
so I have no sympathy for you at all tc
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#80GunzleaderPosted 6/10/2012 4:42:14 PM
so kids what did we learn today about ass kissing hackers? they'll get you banned from psn very good *hands cookies*
---
Hopeing for a console phantasy star online II. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012