This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the Wii U version of Ass Creed 3 really look better than the Ps3?

#1Fez_WatleyPosted 6/11/2012 6:27:27 PM
Or are these guys just being fanboys?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/63058351
#2faris_ruhiPosted 6/11/2012 6:34:17 PM
I honestly went into the pictures thinking the ones on the left were wiiU and the ones on the right were PS3 (expecting the wiiU version to look slightly better). Realized later that the wiiU ones were the ones on the right since that was supposed to be taken off screen.

I think it's a fanboy effect, I'd go with the devs who said something along the lines of "the wiiU version doesn't look as good as the ps3/360 counterparts right now, but by launch we will at least have it on par"

So if the dev says the ps3/360 version looks better, then it looks better, and it looks like my eyes were right the first time, thinking the ones on the left looked better.
---
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
#3VanderZooPosted 6/11/2012 6:36:27 PM
The Wii U version does look better, even off screen.
---
Rise
#4Fez_Watley(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 6:37:37 PM
The character models look a littler sharper on the Wii U, but i'm not feeling the environment over the ps3. I'm buying it on the pc though, so it will look better for me either way lol.
#5RedLionAlePosted 6/11/2012 6:37:41 PM
Who cares? The WiiU version could look 10 times better but you'd still have to play it using that iPad-knockoff monstrosity of a "controller" it has.
---
--
#6undeadeathPosted 6/11/2012 6:38:29 PM
The Wii is new technology for Nintendo and for other developers, and I think it will take a while for everyone to feel completely comfortable making games on it. The adaptation to the controller formats and things are probably the top priorities at the moment and the graphics will shine on later games or later in development. Of course, this all speculation on my part.
---
"Life is precious, Janos discovered - as it was torn throbbing and bleeding from his own body." from Legacy of Kain
#7dacekidPosted 6/11/2012 6:40:21 PM
It's still sad people are comparing a game from a next gen console to a current gen console.

The Wii U should be ashamed of itself. It's supposed to be able to blow the PS3 out the water.
#8VanderZooPosted 6/11/2012 6:40:57 PM
RedLionAle posted...
Who cares? The WiiU version could look 10 times better but you'd still have to play it using that iPad-knockoff monstrosity of a "controller" it has.

I think that controller will actually benefit the game. The screen can act as a map, that you can easily tap on to set way-point markers. I can imagine it being used for some of those philosophers puzzles as well and stuff like that.

Plus they'll probably program the game to be used with the traditional controller as well.
---
Rise
#9wedgeskywalker9Posted 6/11/2012 6:44:47 PM
The Wii U looks better in the second pic, on the texture for the wood and the shadow at least. Still not a very big improvement, and not even what I would expect a high end PC to be able to run.
---
Official Iron Man of C&GN
"I use hand grenades for the Piccaso look." - Kroguys on home decoration in Fallout 3
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 6/11/2012 6:52:14 PM
faris_ruhi posted...
I honestly went into the pictures thinking the ones on the left were wiiU and the ones on the right were PS3 (expecting the wiiU version to look slightly better). Realized later that the wiiU ones were the ones on the right since that was supposed to be taken off screen.

I think it's a fanboy effect, I'd go with the devs who said something along the lines of "the wiiU version doesn't look as good as the ps3/360 counterparts right now, but by launch we will at least have it on par"

So if the dev says the ps3/360 version looks better, then it looks better, and it looks like my eyes were right the first time, thinking the ones on the left looked better.

Wait a minute, whats wrong with your eyes?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)