This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I borrowed Uncharted 3 from a friend, to see that it requires an online pass.

#11gamestop27Posted 6/16/2012 4:59:26 PM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
How did they lose a potential customer? You BORROWED it!! You clearly were never going to buy it.

Because if he enjoyed the game he would have bought himself a copy to support them.

I canceled my preorder as soon as it was announced that UC3 would be using an online pass and watched the campaign on youtube. I was a glad I didn't waste my money on it because the story sucked compared to 2 and I found out they axed the single player store; 2 of the things of what I loved about UC2.

".....and they hate your guts because you steal from them by buying used, or through some other means other than buying it Day One at full Retail Price."

Buying used isn't stealing harebrain.
#12wstfldPosted 6/16/2012 5:00:09 PM
You're also whining on a forum.
---
Last Played: Split/Second - (8/10) Underrated and overlooked.
Now Playing: Castlevania SOTN, Uncharted 3, Vanquish
#13Ryou_HazukiPosted 6/16/2012 5:01:32 PM
I don't get it. You guys refused to buy it because of an online pass which comes with a new copy?

If you were going to buy it used they weren't gonna get a sale anyway so I don't think they're losing sleep over it.
#14art_of_the_killPosted 6/16/2012 5:02:38 PM
The online pass wasn't Naughty Dog's choice. It was Sony's. Online passes are implemented by the publisher, not the developer.

You directed your anger at the wrong person.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#15StucklnMyPants(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 5:07:31 PM(edited)

Yet you fail to realize that buying it New, it would come with an online pass anyways.

So there goes that argument!

No I realize that the online pass comes with new copies. However, I do not support companies that use online passes, day one paid DLC, or disc locked content.

The online pass wasn't Naughty Dog's choice. It was Sony's. Online passes are implemented by the publisher, not the developer.

I don't believe that the developer has no control over the product that they make. Sounds like something propagated to deflect criticism from the developer.
#16Dark_Soldier42Posted 6/16/2012 5:03:12 PM(edited)
gamestop27 posted...

I canceled my preorder as soon as it was announced that UC3 would be using an online pass and watched the campaign on youtube..

Ok so you were glad you didn't buy it anyway but not buying a game because of an online pass? Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard. You were going to buy it new anyway right? You must be so powered that you are rebelling over something so trivial. You do know this is Sony's doing, all Sony exclusives will have online passes. That means you will never buy another Sony exclusive that has online ever again.
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#17Dark_Soldier42Posted 6/16/2012 5:08:59 PM(edited)
StucklnMyPants posted...

Yet you fail to realize that buying it New, it would come with an online pass anyways.

No I realize that the online pass comes with new copies. However, I do not support companies that use online passes, day one paid DLC, or disc locked content.

Same thing i said to gamestop27

That means you will never buy another Sony exclusive that has online ever again.

Boycotting something like this is so trivial and has little to no significant others than those who pirate or buy used games.
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#18RyuuHou25Posted 6/16/2012 5:12:30 PM
StucklnMyPants posted...

I don't believe that the developer has no control over the product that they make. Sounds like something propagated to deflect criticism from the developer.

Online passes are not a part of the actual game. Sony implements them, not the Developer, because Sony is the one spending mass amounts of money marketing the game and publishing it. Please learn how this industry actually works.

If you don't support the company, then stop playing the game right this second. You have no right to be playing it if you refuse to support them for such a stupid reason. It's completely contradictive

"I refuse to support you on some stupid moral thing, but I'm not above playing your game anyways"

Yeah. Get your head out of your ass.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#19StucklnMyPants(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 5:14:12 PM
I disagree that it's trivial. Buying these games tells the developers and publishers that it's ok to nickel and dime consumers. I don't think it is, and if you never take a stand against something you don't believe in, it will never change. And even if it never changes, at least I did what I felt was right. If that means I don't ever buy another Sony exclusive, so be it.
#20ZombiDeadZombiPosted 6/16/2012 5:14:57 PM
Ryou_Hazuki posted...
I don't get it. You guys refused to buy it because of an online pass which comes with a new copy?

If you were going to buy it used they weren't gonna get a sale anyway so I don't think they're losing sleep over it.

This should have ended the topic immediately.