This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WOW Heavy rain is pretty OVERRATED

#21CrimsonGear80Posted 6/22/2012 10:17:33 AM
(no game company should be able to mess up walking controls THIS badly)

You hold a button and point yourself in the direction you want to go. The Fatal Frame games had the same scheme. It's not hard at all.
---
The song is called "Baba O' Riley", NOT "Teenage Wasteland".
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#22VarronPosted 6/22/2012 10:20:14 AM
Jobocan posted...
Overrated doesn't even begin to describe it.
I don't know how anyone could appreciate the badly made cinematics (hint: Jason didn't die, at WORST Ethan went to the hospital for an X-ray), the horrible writing (a mystery story where the writing is so blatant that you figure out who the bad guy is the moment you see him the first time? not good), the tons of gaping plotholes/nonsensical story elements, the insanely stupid characters (who also don't have a personality), the worst video game antagonists in recent memory, the terrible controls (no game company should be able to mess up walking controls THIS badly), the complete lack of gameplay beyond QTEs which are just badly made, the fact that it has WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much filler... It's bad in every sense.

Forget the "it's a movie" argument. It's not just a movie, it's a really bad one. If this had gotten a theatrical release people would have been PISSED.

Well some of us enjoyed it (including myself) so that's all that matters. I wouldn't call it overrated; some people liked it and some didn't. If you liked it then good on you. If you didn't then go play (or watch) something else.

Why is everybody trying to be a critic these days? I don't know about you guys, but I play video games for the fun.
---
The Backlog Slayer.
PSN: Snippuh
#23TylerJ33Posted 6/22/2012 10:21:19 AM
Green_J posted...
why is there so much praise for this? its literally a movie

just my opinion but a majority of you here seem to like it

Your constantly using the controller so.i wouldnt say it's literally movie, leave that for the mgs series lol just joking but you don't control like an fps but you arr still pretty involved
#24anonymous46773Posted 6/22/2012 10:27:11 AM
Heavy Rain was absolutely astonishing.
Amazing experience.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#25professional gamerPosted 6/22/2012 10:29:06 AM
Heavy Rain would have been better off as just a movie. Those clumsy controls made the game annoying to play.
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#26656stoogePosted 6/22/2012 10:32:31 AM
A video game doesn't need platforming or shooting, it can be anything that the devs want. HR was an interesting and fairly unique game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#27akuma634Posted 6/22/2012 10:37:09 AM
It's not "overrated" because you didn't enjoy it as much as the fan base did. It was also a great game, the movie s*** makes no goddamn sense. You are ALWAYS in control of your character and even in the action scenes where you need to push the right buttons it still has that intense feel to it. For most of the game you are moving and fully interacting with everything, it's more interactive than most games. I mean let's take the average FPS game for example, you shoot through dozens of bad guys and watch cut scenes. In Heavy Rain you are always interacting with the world, making major plot choices, and immersed in this world with nothing to take you out of it. You still have morons who act like it's less interactive than Dragon's Lair.
#28SightoPosted 6/22/2012 10:39:28 AM
It would suck if every game was a variation on the same few blueprints.
We need more games like Heavy Rain and Asura's Wrath.
---
"So....you're saying the game gets more complex past the demo?" -Migeira
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5nr9uDhni1qbkdxgo1_400.jpg
#29Paragon57Posted 6/22/2012 10:40:33 AM(edited)
It would suck if every game was a variation on the same few blueprints.
We need more games like Heavy Rain and Asura's Wrath.

I'd like another Valkyria Chronicles, or spiritual successor on the PS3. -_-
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
LIGHTNING! http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7929/lightningd.png
#30rodwipeisdeadPosted 6/22/2012 10:43:47 AM
I admit I found it a bit dull. Back To The Future was more enjoyable. Same thing really without the annoying quick time stuff. And most importantly Back to the Future "didn't" have a daft prompt that required you to spin the thumbsticks. Any game that does either that or have you run by pushing down on a thumbstick can kiss my ass.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.