This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wada: There will never be a Final Fantasy VII remake

#131Battleship_GrayPosted 6/26/2012 12:53:47 AM
More people should report Greer/axsion instead of feeding him.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#132XSilverPhoenixXPosted 6/26/2012 1:58:21 AM
Zikten posted...
FFVII only sold the way it did because it was the first time a Final Fantasy game was on a different console

what are you talking about? do you think the series began on the SNES or something?

It was always on a Nintendo console until VII. NES/SNES

The series didn't start appearing on other devices until after VII was on PlayStation.
#133nonexistingheroPosted 6/26/2012 2:57:54 AM
It's not very hard to make improvements to the original and it doesn't even need to be as expensive as a full game project. I'd be perfectly happy if they pulled an OoT3D with it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#134topopoxPosted 6/26/2012 3:58:10 AM
All that I will say is that I'm happy that the CEO is conscious that he currently does not have a team that can make a good FF and that he gave the best possible answer to silence the Fanboys on the regard of the FF7 Remake.
#135SpacePirateSealPosted 6/26/2012 5:13:51 AM
Motsu posted...
Well, obviously. It would NEVER work. They are building FFVS13 from the ground up. Building FF7 as a remake, they would have to color in the lines, which would take a HELL of a lot longer.

Hmm... But HOW long is the question? I mean FFvs13 has been in development for like 6 years now. Would a FF7 remake really take longer? I mean we don't even have a VS13 release date yet....
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
SFxT: Vega x Lars Yoshimitsu x Paul Blanka x Lili Hell Fakin........AWAY!
#136RosencroitzPosted 6/26/2012 5:26:22 AM
Read the actual post guys.

He's an idiot.

IX exceeded the quality of VII by a long shot, no, by a **** ton.

I've never liked Wada.

Remember in 2009 / 2010 he said within two years or so consoles would cease to exist?

lolu
---
All hail the king, for the king is here.
#137Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/26/2012 5:31:22 AM
SE are just being douches now.

One minute we're getting a remake, but in the far future. Then we're not getting a remake.

They're just trolling and toying with people's nostalgia in hopes that you'll keep buying their current crappy FF games and supporting the series, waiting for that remake that will never come and SE had no intentions of making in the first place.
#138jammitinPosted 6/26/2012 6:45:08 AM
Misleading topic title is misleading.
---
Success is defined by getting back up after every knock down.
#139majin nemesisPosted 6/26/2012 7:13:15 AM
akxsion posted...
So that is all you are going to say? Not even trying to make an argument to why i am a troll or why is ffVII better than ffIX? Your only argument is "because i say so"? That sure looks like a 5 years old behavior, no wonder you whine all day

Trolling: Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = you

so yes, that makes you a troll. oh and VII is much better than IX since IX has stupid characters and uninteresting story. IX wasn't nearly as critically acclaimed as VII either. So, that makes VII factually superior to IX. Don't get me wrong, IX is a pretty good game, but FFVII is the best game of all time.

is not even the best FF. FFIX and FFX are alot better than FFVII and there are other RPG that are alot better than FFVII too like Chrono Trigger,Grandia,Dragon Quest VIII and Disgaea 4.
FFVII is just talked more these days because of fanboys that just don't shup up about a remake since they saw that tech demo and because for alot of people (like me) it was the first RPG they ever played so they have fond memories of it but that doesn't make it the best
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting
ways to kill a man-Balthier FFXII
#140BeantownHeroPosted 6/26/2012 7:39:29 AM
So yeah, that song was great.
---
Google stock holmes syndrome, before you further show ignorance- beatbyagirl