This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No Final Fantasy VII Remake Until Original Has Been Topped

#21rozxfilePosted 6/26/2012 9:44:54 AM
As much as I love FF7 I wish they would just let it die already. There's been numerous spinoff games and movies, I think the cow has been milked dry, why remake it? Only so it has shiny spiffy HD graphics? IMHO Square Enix should focus on other projects like Versus or whatever it's called. Better yet, how about a REAL sequel or a prequel even to Final Fantasy Tactics?
#22ThamauturgePosted 6/26/2012 9:45:58 AM
To be fair, FFVII did have some pretty beautiful environments that would look great on a current gen console. Still doesn't make it necessary, but I understand the desire for a remake.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 4, Silent Hill, Portal, Stronghold: Crusader
#23rozxfilePosted 6/26/2012 9:48:33 AM
Thamauturge posted...
To be fair, FFVII did have some pretty beautiful environments that would look great on a current gen console. Still doesn't make it necessary, but I understand the desire for a remake.

The City of Ancients would be an impressive sight to behold in HD, but I can't see that being enough reason to warrant me wanting to buy a remake of the game. On one hand it would spark interest in future generations I suppose. Then again most gamers these days shudder at pixelated blobs and are more drawn at pretty shiny graphics.
#24SatanLovesUsAllPosted 6/26/2012 9:48:33 AM
So is the reason they don't do a Final Fantasy 6 remake because it hasn't been topped yet?
---
Proud owner of BlogFAQs. (in spirit only)
PSN: Impaired_Medic GT: Impaired Medic (I don't have a 360, they all died, but you can check to see if I'm lying)
#25TomorrowDogPosted 6/26/2012 9:50:07 AM
Older titles around FFVII's time period really aren't relevant to what he is talking about either way. He is talking about their efforts in recent years.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#26ZignoffPosted 6/26/2012 9:52:52 AM
It already was by FF9, like by LEAPS and BOUNDS..

FF7 isn't all that, get over it Square.

Besides FF4 just say a recent remake, I think they are just honestly stalling for time, after that remake 5 and 6, they'll have no excuse for it, then after 7 and 8, we can get a freaking remake of 9 THANK YOU GOD.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#27Destructor2012Posted 6/26/2012 10:19:15 AM
7 was not that great. 4 was the best in the series IMHO. Granted I haven't played much of 9 onwards, but of what I've played, I liked 4 the best.
#28KarateJonsPosted 6/26/2012 10:39:11 AM
Everyone knows they're saving the Final Fantasy VII remake for a hypothetical future point in time when they're an inch away from bankruptcy, they'll pull FFVII out of a vault and rake in the millions.

I'm still interested in the possibility of an updated patch for the PC version through Steam.
#29KaliestoPosted 6/26/2012 10:58:04 AM
I have a good feeling that FF vs. XIII is going to be a good FF, it looked really good so far and I liked their approach to the battle system for modern FF games.
---
---
#30Ryan SiPosted 6/26/2012 11:29:44 AM
kinglink13 posted...
http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/

The following comments and info come from Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada

- Square-Enix will make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds the quality of FFVI

He is actually quoted as saying "FFVII," not "FFVI."

Lol another FFVI fanboy jealous of FFVII's spotlight. They're both great games, get over it.
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Complete (Wii), Xenoblade (Wii), Rayman Origins (PS3)
Anticipating: Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)