This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix: "No New Information" To Share On Final Fantasy Versus XIII

#41TehTrumpCardPosted 7/10/2012 12:30:25 AM
Typical Square. Typical Square. *shaking head*

"Waiting for vs. XIII is like waiting for rain in this drought."
---
PSN: TehTrumpCard
#42Alky88Posted 7/10/2012 12:49:05 AM
Lsnake posted...
Square Enix, clearly not quite right. When they seem more obsessed with re-releasing the disaster that was FFXIV than Versus, I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

I get this sense that Square has simply lost touch with their fans, and lives in some other kind of industry with their heads in their clouds, unwilling to get into the whole geeking that many other companies enjoy doing. Square simply doesn't seem to do the things that gamers actually want anymore, even when there's both interest and money in it.

Well then, go on and re-release FFXIV. May it bomb.

I think you missed the part where FFXIV was completely remade by a different team from the ground up and it won't be the same game.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#43Zedymieon77Posted 7/10/2012 1:07:26 AM
Seifer_us posted...
At this point, I'm pretty much prepared to infiltrate their offices with wire taps and bugs to get some new information on this. Heck, I just saw on the news yesterday that you can get a microphone bug disguised as a multi-outlet in Akihabara for 30,000 yen; not to mention the one time I went by their main offices in Shinjuku there was only one security guard on duty. This is totally doable... now I just need to lose all fear of going to prison and I'll be set.

We'll break you out should anything go wrong.
#44RollingCradlePosted 7/10/2012 1:36:59 AM
Keyeszx, which of those games had an announcement trailer 6+ years before release?
#45ChaingunmasterPosted 7/10/2012 2:00:04 AM
I'm more curious about what Tri Ace is up to currently.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#46TranslatorTomPosted 7/10/2012 2:39:59 AM
They're busy working on the 360 version now, sadly.
---
-Tom
#47Kazuya_80Posted 7/10/2012 2:51:14 AM
echa_One posted...
*laughs at the people who are still waiting for this game*

Just kidding, you guys are welcome to keep waiting :)

If by waiting, you mean doing other things, then sure.
#48Alky88Posted 7/10/2012 3:05:27 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
I'm more curious about what Tri Ace is up to currently.

Last we've heard they helped SE in XIII-2's development but who knows if they're working on something else.
If they are it's likely a new Star Ocean I guess.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#49SayoriaPosted 7/10/2012 3:11:37 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
Shippoyasha posted...
Are there still people giddy over the game having 'air ships' anymore? Does it even matter?

It's a boat in the sky, who wouldn't want that?

I actually have to agree with this; with one slight addendum in that I don't want an airship unless I can pilot it directly. X, XI, and XII all felt like horrible teases where airships were concerned. Let me fly the damn thing myself!!

Agreed. But you know what? Dragon Quest does the whole "airship" thing better and far more entertaining.

Sure, you have a phoenix in Dragon Quest 8...... and the Hot Air Balloon in Dragon Quest 4.... but you know, they change it up some, and they get really nutty. There have been flying castles, beds, and even rocks used as "air ships" in the Dragon Quest games. Really, how cool is that?
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#50Spiroth_KweehhPosted 7/10/2012 3:19:38 AM
Yes but in Final Fantasy we have a flying Chocobo. Sorry, Final Fantasy wiins.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world