This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's Party, Toro! (Toro to Morimori)

#1xPhoenixWrightxPosted 7/22/2012 5:04:05 PM
I am considering getting this game. (The English Asian Version) Does anyone know if its worth the 60 bucks from play-asia. (Cheapest I could find it) I have the free news one and really like the 10 games on it. So I thought this would be great, and it's in English to make it better. Though I can't find a whole lot about it. So I don't know if there is any reason as to why I shouldn't get it.
---
Objection!
#2dankanefanPosted 7/22/2012 7:13:16 PM
I don't know why Sony doesn't bring Toro over to America. Everything I've seen about Toro looks great. Could be an excellent mascot for them.
#3The ChowPosted 7/22/2012 8:28:19 PM
I have the game. Every single event felt very shovelware-ish, however. It isn't worth $60 in my opinion.
---
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"
#4SayoriaPosted 7/22/2012 8:58:15 PM
Wow, 60 bucks still?.... I have it, and I think I got it for 40 or 50 on Playasia....

Anywho, it hosts 33 or so minigames. Japan has two games the Asia one doesn't have, because you need to know some Japanese to play them. I only tried ONE of those games because it is on the news game currently.

Anywho, if you like the minigames, they are nice..... but a handful of games are a complete chore. The games in Toro Station cycle in and out eventually, so you can wait..... but if you want to get the game, I managed to platinum/100% it in 4 days, if that says anything.

If you are a completionist, this game will hurt. Ukulele was hell (As you can see in Toro Station right now, since it is an active game), Free Throw is a pain in the ass. Toro Racer is a nose-finish....

Honestly, this game is the EXACT reason I hate motion controls. I like the minigames, and the game would have been ALOT more enjoyable if they didn't force motion controls in, like, Speed. Seriously, why the hell, and who the hell said it was a good idea to tilt a controller to CHOOSE YOUR CARDS?....
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#5dankanefanPosted 7/22/2012 9:00:25 PM
Is there an English version of the Toro news station?
#6SayoriaPosted 7/22/2012 9:13:31 PM
dankanefan posted...
Is there an English version of the Toro news station?

No. You can download it and play it free on the JPSN though, and it isn't hard to get to the minigame section. Most games are really quick and easy to pick up without instructions. The current ten games are, and I am sure most are simple to understand:

Putter Golf
Tennis
Ukulele *This game can go to hell*
Stretchy Snake
Billionaire Card Game
Inaba White Rabbit
Speed
Carp Flying Up-River
Japanese Card Game (Only game you need moderate Japanese to play)
Sandlot Baseball

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=toro+let%27s+party+sss&oq=toro+let%27s+party+sss&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...2243.5590.0.5777.22.14.1.7.7.0.179.1225.10j4.14.0...0.0...1ac.1Rf8A_p3XNw

Feel free to check the minigames here to see how simple they are.
---
#7dankanefanPosted 7/22/2012 10:22:01 PM
Cool thanks, I'll check it out.
#8SieKensouPosted 7/22/2012 11:40:17 PM
by japanese card game you mean Karuta?
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9Arkane DenialPosted 7/23/2012 10:48:29 AM
Yeah, Karuta. This is the only game not converted to the English-Asia version.

Listening to the first syllable, and diving to the correct Gana/Kana.

For the completionist, the hardest feat would be to beat Toro in the special Tennis Match.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#10SayoriaPosted 7/23/2012 4:52:46 PM
Arkane Denial posted...
Yeah, Karuta. This is the only game not converted to the English-Asia version.

Listening to the first syllable, and diving to the correct Gana/Kana.

For the completionist, the hardest feat would be to beat Toro in the special Tennis Match.

Yeah, Racquetoro is a pain a the ass. The thing is that the games take forever to do, he rarely misses and on the last two games you need to win, he has a magnetic ability that pulls shots near him. Definitely annoying. As for SSSing things, Ukulele, Free Throw, Ball Toss, Racer Toro, and Yabuseme or whatever that was called, tended to be my most annoying games. Probably others too slipping my mind.... Yabuseme was a horse back riding game you cannot miss more than 3 shots in 10 stages with completely random up, down, and mid-shot signs where speed picks up. Racer Toro...... hugging the corners of the race constantly. Free Throw, like Yabuseme, carried though X number of staged but you only get 4 balls to toss per hoops, and you have to use the sixaxis. Ball Toss, you pick up balls and throw them in a basket with the sixaxis....again. Gets really annoying when your character just stands there and DOESN'T throw. As for Ukulele, it is a button times game. Not bad right? Try spinning your left joystick with the palm of your hand for 3 minutes while inputting constant button commands. >_>

As for the card game, I never knew the name, but I liked it. I know Hira to the point, I could do pretty well on it. I have scored a max of I think 33 points in one game so far. The hardest mode, that will never happen. It still takes me time to register what matches what sound.
---