This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#21DaLaggaPosted 8/6/2012 5:36:24 PM
Of course it's pointless. What's sad is that it would probably be considered a hate crime for someone to try to host a straight gamer convention.

wstfld posted...
Not reading that article, but no, they don't need their own convention. Gamers aren't bigoted Christians or Republicans, most of us are relatively young.

In other words, ignorant kids with no real life experience tend to be atheistic liberals while older more mature individuals tend to accept the existence of god and have conservative ideals. Thanks for pointing that fact out.
#22iPutinWORKPosted 8/6/2012 5:36:59 PM
#inb4inflammatoryantihomosexualcomment

this thread might hit 300+ posts, if mods don't shut it down
---
PSN: iCheatNSpaM-24_7
*Favorites* | SMB3 | SMW | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon R/B
#23mx_703Posted 8/6/2012 5:37:02 PM
Shy420 posted...
wstfld posted...
Not reading that article, but no, they don't need their own convention. Gamers aren't bigoted Christians or Republicans, most of us are relatively young.

Have you ever tried playing online? You know where where every homophobic and racist comment is spewn by children who testicle have yet to drop. Sure gamers are above that racist crap eh.

They aren't the ones who go to conventions.
---
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703
#24AzureVergilPosted 8/6/2012 5:38:20 PM
I think there should be a FeministCon too, a convention where they reveal new movies and video games where males are evil personified.
#25mx_703Posted 8/6/2012 5:38:48 PM
antoinejones posted...
mx_703 posted...
antoinejones posted...
mx_703 posted...
I don't see a point in this either. I mean, it would be for finding people like you and meet new friends and even potential mates, but why does this need a separate convention?

Do black people get a game convention? Do straight people? Do transgender people?

you just answered that question yourself... who WOULDNT want a girlfriend that was a gamer (youll never have to hear the nagging about "you play those dumb games too much") and if you went to E3 most likely any girl there is a gamer right.. so youd take your chances... however a gay or lesbian couldnt do that at E3 because they might approach someone who isnt gay and wind getting punched in the face lmao... so a gay gamer convention would allow someone whos gay to find someone with similar interests and possibly a mate... so yeah I really dont see the issue.

I don't see the need for a separate convention, though. The highlighted part is the problem with what you said. Why would that happen? I would think of all people, gamers would be acceptable or indifferent of people's orientation, status, race, whatever.

lol do you go out much? ok Im sure youre a guy.,. go out and hit on 20 random male strangers and tell me the number of them that react agressively/violently compared to the number that just say somethin like "im sorry im not gay" THEN ask me that question lol

Of course that would happen. But we're talking at a gaming convention here. You'd get a laugh (not at, but with) or a "no thanks" at best.
---
#26antoinejonesPosted 8/6/2012 5:41:32 PM
mx_703 posted...
antoinejones posted...
mx_703 posted...
antoinejones posted...
mx_703 posted...
I don't see a point in this either. I mean, it would be for finding people like you and meet new friends and even potential mates, but why does this need a separate convention?

Do black people get a game convention? Do straight people? Do transgender people?

you just answered that question yourself... who WOULDNT want a girlfriend that was a gamer (youll never have to hear the nagging about "you play those dumb games too much") and if you went to E3 most likely any girl there is a gamer right.. so youd take your chances... however a gay or lesbian couldnt do that at E3 because they might approach someone who isnt gay and wind getting punched in the face lmao... so a gay gamer convention would allow someone whos gay to find someone with similar interests and possibly a mate... so yeah I really dont see the issue.

I don't see the need for a separate convention, though. The highlighted part is the problem with what you said. Why would that happen? I would think of all people, gamers would be acceptable or indifferent of people's orientation, status, race, whatever.

lol do you go out much? ok Im sure youre a guy.,. go out and hit on 20 random male strangers and tell me the number of them that react agressively/violently compared to the number that just say somethin like "im sorry im not gay" THEN ask me that question lol

Of course that would happen. But we're talking at a gaming convention here. You'd get a laugh (not at, but with) or a "no thanks" at best.

lol yeah cause laughed at is SOOO much better lol... heck I mean Im almost 30 and Ive never even had a girl laugh at me.... reject me.. sure.. that happened plenty of time.. but laugh at me? heck if youre gonna do that you might as well punch me in the face lol thats just as bad.
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#27Godstriker8Posted 8/6/2012 5:44:00 PM
I'm not anti-gay, but I do think its kinda ridculous to have a gaming convention for gay people. Whats wrong with all the other numerous conventions?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#28Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 8/6/2012 5:49:21 PM
Why do gay people need there own game convention wtf? lol...
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#29mx_703Posted 8/6/2012 5:49:48 PM
antoinejones posted...

lol yeah cause laughed at is SOOO much better lol... heck I mean Im almost 30 and Ive never even had a girl laugh at me.... reject me.. sure.. that happened plenty of time.. but laugh at me? heck if youre gonna do that you might as well punch me in the face lol thats just as bad.

No one would laugh AT you I said.

Why not just add a gay actor convention. Or a gay chef convention. Or a gay anime convention.

What is your reasoning for this?
---
#30SayoriaPosted 8/6/2012 5:49:57 PM
AzureVergil posted...
I think there should be a FeministCon too, a convention where they reveal new movies and video games where males are evil personified.

*TICKET BOOKED*
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o