This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#41iPutinWORKPosted 8/6/2012 6:03:09 PM
ITT: Members of the entitled, overprivileged majority speak on a subject that has never personally affected them.
---
PSN: iCheatNSpaM-24_7
*Favorites* | SMB3 | SMW | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon R/B
#42AzureVergilPosted 8/6/2012 6:03:22 PM
They whine to get legal marriage and now they are abusing their rights to get attention like a bunch of babies.
#43iPutinWORKPosted 8/6/2012 6:03:58 PM
mx_703 posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
keatonisballin posted...
Why does every minority need special treatment?

Because the majority enjoyed special treatment for eons and eons

But how different are we now from WAY back in the day?

We have more tolerance and acceptance than ever before.

^^ I don't doubt that.
---
#44RayconPosted 8/6/2012 6:05:38 PM
hedgylove posted...
I'm a lesbian...I don't see a problem with it. It's nice meeting gay people with similar interests as me, since almost everything is catered exclusively to white heterosexuals (TV, movies, even gaming. Straight people even invade gay clubs now.).

It's not like it's publicly funded, and there's no hate involved. I think people misunderstand the tone of "gay events."

I agree with this.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#45iPutinWORKPosted 8/6/2012 6:06:43 PM
AzureVergil posted...
They whine to get legal marriage and now they are abusing their rights to get attention like a bunch of babies.

"Whine"?

"Abusing their rights": what does this even mean?
---
#46mx_703Posted 8/6/2012 6:10:42 PM
iPutinWORK posted...
mx_703 posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
keatonisballin posted...
Why does every minority need special treatment?

Because the majority enjoyed special treatment for eons and eons

But how different are we now from WAY back in the day?

We have more tolerance and acceptance than ever before.

^^ I don't doubt that.

Then why not just accept that fact and move on? It happened in a different time with different beliefs and less civilized people (in terms of intelligence and technology and all that). Dwelling on the past is the worst thing you can do for the future. You use it to move forward, not stay behind.
---
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703
#47Elswood2112Posted 8/6/2012 6:11:24 PM
Considering there was a convention for bronies already held, go for it gays. Does it seem unecessary? A little bit, but I don't mind.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#48FiendingHardPosted 8/6/2012 6:13:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49mx_703Posted 8/6/2012 6:14:29 PM
Elswood2112 posted...
Considering there was a convention for bronies already held, go for it gays. Does it seem unecessary? A little bit, but I don't mind.

What if they made a gay brony convention? It's like the gaming argument. MLP is a big thing now for people, what if people then alienated themselves like these people are trying to do with gaming?

I mean, I do not mind either and I'm not trying to flip a dip or make people rage or anything, I'm just trying to provide conversation and some different opinions for the subject.
---
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703
#50AzureVergilPosted 8/6/2012 6:15:06 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Lol gay people, still the attention-whores aren't they?

Most people don't have a problem with gay people if they keep to themselves, its when they go around parading themselves like some sort of bastion of light and justice is when I start to hate them, like this convention for example.

Why can't they go to regular gamer conventions? There's nothing preventing gay people from attending. The truth is they just want to flaunt their gayness around.

Exactly. We don't see events for black people only because Martin Luther King stopped the racism.