This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#431dudupupuPosted 8/7/2012 10:51:01 AM
The Gay Agenda has recently demonstrated that it is nothing but an irrational and immature effort to transform something which spits in the face of our natural laws and stands in direct defiance of our natural world and its consisted studies of biology, anatomy, and common sense into not only a tolerated, but an ENDORSED alternative life choice.

It's all "me me me!" without a second consideration of our impressionable youth or our propagation of our species and social moral values.

That said, we hate not the people but the evils in which they possess.
---
Relinquish not thy faith in God! Despite the darkness, the Lamb will overcome the Harlot! When has the Lord ever given unto his followers a broken promise?
#432MrMikeMaPosted 8/7/2012 11:15:42 AM(edited)
Th sad thing is, I read both Jim Sterlings article, and the article posted here, and the person who says this is not necessary is correct : but the problem is he will be immediately labelled a bigot.

Jim's article states the typical mantra : something like this is important, and if you don't like it, don't go.

Important? No this is not an important issue at all.

If this group wants to get together, then plan a generic pride party. No need to hide this under a false pretense of a Gaymercon. Like the article posted as the topic, gaming has absolutely nothing to with this issue.

Jim ended his article by stating: Why would so many people feel they need this convention in the first place, and is that a problem we can all help with together?

Sorry Jim, not that many people (the kickstarter has 661 backers) are feeling that they need this. It's not a real problem that has to do with GAMING
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#433WaynetidPosted 8/7/2012 11:30:48 AM
Sure it isn't necessary, but neither is any convention for that matter. There is no need to have a Comic Con or conventions for especifically Asian or even Japanese Anime, but it is nice to be around with people with your similar interests. It is not segregation, it is more about bonding with people with similar backgrounds and interests. I'm pretty sure other gaming conventions cater largely to straight people, men most likely, whether you want to admit or not, since that is their main audience. Not everyone lives in cities that have places to meet people that have similar interests, especially if you are in the lgbt community. And just because it is Gaymer Con, I'm sure that they are not banning you to attend if you are straight, in fact, anyone can go. It is just incredibly more gay friendly and you can be yourself more, without being judged by who you love.

Oh yeah, and just because this doesn't interest you or you don't want to join doesn't mean that nobody else should.
---
White FC: 4470 0394 0497 Pkmn Plat FC: 2493 3188 8008 Diam FC: 4639 6288 1081
SS FC: 4812 9185 1488 PSN: Wayne009
#434dannyaqPosted 8/7/2012 11:41:00 AM(edited)
It's all "me me me!" without a second consideration of our impressionable youth or our propagation of our species and social moral values

there are plenty of causes aimed towrds youth like the it gets better campaign, so don't worry, youth is very much an issue cared about by the many gay advocates. and since when was propogation of our species an concern? overpopulation is a problem we are facing, not underpopulation. If anything we need less people having babies. And lol at social moral values, I think you mean your social moral values. You can't even claim the social moral values of our society since there is no overwhelming majority opinion anymore. if you want to talk about world opinion, you are opening a huge can of worms saying americans should adapt to world majority values.

fetishes have their place. and that place isn't being forced into the faces of everyone else. and i do not recognize "gay" as a culture or anything remotely similar to a race of people. it's a way of getting off. people have different ways they get off. you don't see "the cow fetish brigade" having cow fetish gamer conventions and renaming streets "the cow lover road" and basically mirroring all things normal with an objective of promoting a cow fetish, do you? no they enjoy their fetish the way they should... without trying to force its acceptance on everyone else.

just because you don't recognize something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. i'll give you race can be argued it doesn't fit, but there is absolutely a gay culture same there is a punk rock culture and geek culture and black culture and so many other subcultures of american culture. Look up the word in the dictionary and you will see there is indeed a culture. you will also see that there is no cow lover culture. again you are making an incredibly poor analogy. and nobody is forcing you to accept anything, only tolerate it. there is a big difference between acceptance and tolerance.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#435NuuTypePosted 8/7/2012 11:38:35 AM
2DFighter84 posted...
what he said isn't tyranical. it's a point of view widely shared throughout the world. he didn't say he hated anyone..

It absolutely is tyranny - and that has nothing to do with such an abstract as 'hate' per se.

Tyrant - any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically

The premise of supremacy is authority, and those that use it even collectively are tyrants. Not every white person was a slave owner but any white that supported it are also tyrants. No way to sugar coat it.
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#436DrEaM_420Posted 8/7/2012 11:40:06 AM
What if you just dont go, I'm not going, I'll be at home doing whatever I want.
---
High
#437snoopymarkPosted 8/7/2012 11:42:26 AM
NuuType, the only person here being tyrannical is you.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
#438cavebear56Posted 8/7/2012 11:43:12 AM
NuuType posted...
The premise of supremacy is authority, and those that use it even collectively are tyrants. Not every person was a slave owner but any white that supported it are also tyrants. No way to sugar coat it.

Subjugation and control are innate human characteristics not always at the core of an individual but is a part of all humans.

Also fixed to be more far more accurate as "white" people never held a trade marked monopoly on slavery (which exists still to this day across the globe).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#439dudupupuPosted 8/7/2012 11:46:34 AM
This is the problem with our world, particulary the crisis our nation (U.S.) is facing right now. Media and college learning have thoroughly imposed their "perception is reality" mentality upon us all, and we no longer are able to accept or defend the objective moral framework as it most assuredly exists.

Perception is NOT reality; a wealth of varied opinions does NOT indicate the nonexistence of norms or objective morals. Truth as a category DOES exist, and the truth of our anatomies, biological processes, and reason are such that homosexuality does not exist as an compulsive disposition towards sexuality and it actually requires the complete abandonment of the entire culmination of our human knowledge into our own bodies and social identities.

The media and advocates who continue to emotionalize the issue have snuck in false assumptions into the argument, and this has confused the general populace into accepting something that would otherwise (in an objective statement of mind) be recognized for it is; a deviation and socially-destructive life style CHOICE.
---
Relinquish not thy faith in God! Despite the darkness, the Lamb will overcome the Harlot! When has the Lord ever given unto his followers a broken promise?
#440theshovellerPosted 8/7/2012 11:50:47 AM
cavebear56 posted...
NuuType posted...
The premise of supremacy is authority, and those that use it even collectively are tyrants. Not every person was a slave owner but any white that supported it are also tyrants. No way to sugar coat it.

Subjugation and control are innate human characteristics not always at the core of an individual but is a part of all humans.

Also fixed to be more far more accurate as "white" people never held a trade marked monopoly on slavery (which exists still to this day across the globe).

That's true. There's a quote... I forget who said it, and I'm too lazy to punch it into Google but I'm sure someone else will:

"Nature has left this tincture in the blood, that all men would be tyrants if they could."