This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#441dudupupuPosted 8/7/2012 12:52:38 PM
Also, current social problems of overpopulation and the overburdening of our resource infrastructure do not dictate the necessity of homosexuality or abortion (the two big "solutions" to this...despite whatever "they" tell you). We need to attack the roots of these problems such as unregulated corporate manufacturing and the ill-intended science facilities that destroy our ecosystems by polluting our skies and oceans. Other causes of our current sorry state include our focus on the material world, which creates insanely high expectations which we eventually fulfill, resulting in unmeasurable waste and pollution.

We have a government/welfare system which encourages poverty-stricken teenagers to produce children, further burdening our resource pool. Our entertainment mediums teach us to be provocative and openly-sexual because corporatations reap gains from such behavior. However, that kills our morals, creates situations like this homosexual one, and ultimately lowers the quality of life for all.
---
Relinquish not thy faith in God! Despite the darkness, the Lamb will overcome the Harlot! When has the Lord ever given unto his followers a broken promise?
#442cavebear56Posted 8/7/2012 12:58:58 PM(edited)
theshoveller posted...

"Nature has left this tincture in the blood, that all men would be tyrants if they could."

*Edit: Wanted to say I like that statement and need to check up on it. Re-read back over it and didn't want you to think I was arguing with you, as I actually agree with what you've posted in this topic thus far. I just tend to be long winded and disjointed at times.

Which being a tyrant is a negative understanding of what can come from control.

We all attempt to be "tyrants" in our own rights in day to day activities. We plan ahead and keep things in order both at work and home because if we have control (no matter how small) it creates an impact that's associated with us (generally in the hopes for the better).

On the flipside I know a lot of people who are afraid to take the lead and make choices (even the smallest kinds) because of fear of being perceived as controlling. Indecision is just as bad as having a stranglehold.

Excuse the tangent but this is how I view the differences in people. Not sex, religion, race or culture. We all have the same tools and options what makes us different is how we use them.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#443theshovellerPosted 8/7/2012 1:00:41 PM
cavebear56 posted...
Re-read back over it and didn't want you to think I was arguing with you, as I actually agree with what you've posted in this topic thus far. I just tend to be long winded and disjointed at times.

It's cool - like I said earlier, I'm done arguing in this topic anyways. Just thought the quote would be appropriate, given what you had said specifically about it being part of human nature.
#444nastynate1285Posted 8/7/2012 1:04:27 PM
dudupupu posted...
Also, current social problems of overpopulation and the overburdening of our resource infrastructure do not dictate the necessity of homosexuality or abortion (the two big "solutions" to this...despite whatever "they" tell you). We need to attack the roots of these problems such as unregulated corporate manufacturing and the ill-intended science facilities that destroy our ecosystems by polluting our skies and oceans. Other causes of our current sorry state include our focus on the material world, which creates insanely high expectations which we eventually fulfill, resulting in unmeasurable waste and pollution.

We have a government/welfare system which encourages poverty-stricken teenagers to produce children, further burdening our resource pool. Our entertainment mediums teach us to be provocative and openly-sexual because corporatations reap gains from such behavior. However, that kills our morals, creates situations like this homosexual one, and ultimately lowers the quality of life for all.

You scare me. Seriously.
---
http://olddyingkitty.com/William_Feist/
#4452DFighter84Posted 8/7/2012 1:05:47 PM
dannyaq posted...
just because you don't recognize something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. i'll give you race can be argued it doesn't fit, but there is absolutely a gay culture same there is a punk rock culture and geek culture and black culture and so many other subcultures of american culture. Look up the word in the dictionary and you will see there is indeed a culture. you will also see that there is no cow lover culture. again you are making an incredibly poor analogy. and nobody is forcing you to accept anything, only tolerate it. there is a big difference between acceptance and tolerance.

i never said gay culture doesn't exist. i said i don't recognize it as that. fact is, i can't ignore it if i wanted to. it is literally everywhere. but i do not recognise it as anything more than a fetish, seeing as how that is what separates us. and to be honest, it wouldn't separate us if they weren't trying to force their bedsheets into everyone's homes in every way possible. they aren't just saying "we wanna be together and enjoy our fetish." no. they are saying "we want our fetish to be socially accepted by everyone in all forms of media." that is a problem.

this has long been passed the tolerance point. and i was saing "cow lover" in place of beastiality, another sexual fetish, like gay sex.

NuuType posted...
2DFighter84 posted...
what he said isn't tyranical. it's a point of view widely shared throughout the world. he didn't say he hated anyone..

It absolutely is tyranny - and that has nothing to do with such an abstract as 'hate' per se.

Tyrant - any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically

he's not in a position of power nor oppressing anyone. he's an anonymous forum poster. not a tyrant. it would make more sense if you just called him closed minded. there's a valid argument against that as well, but it would make more sense. maybe if we were in certan less "gay friendly" countries, then you could use that tyrant line more accurately.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless
#446WinhillSeeDDirkPosted 8/7/2012 1:16:01 PM(edited)
I genuinely can't believe this sort of thread exists in its current form, even on GameFAQs, in the year 2012, but fair enough. I mean, look, guys, I don't have the fortitude to duke this out with you, but don't you think this is a ludicrously innocuous thing to get your knickers in a twist over? It may be self-inflicted segregation, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a remarkably harmless social gesture compared the mere act of being a homosexual.

Contrary to whatever you may believe, a lot of gay people accept that achieving pristine normalcy is an overoptimistic pipe dream at best, and at least for a little while, this lets them bask in an environment of absolute comfort--of COURSE they're uncomfortable around straight people on some basic level, because the same is true of heterosexuals in a LGBT environment, and this is a perfectly reasonable sentiment among either party so long as it doesn't elevate to rancor and vitriol.

For that matter, the insinuation that their sexuality would be as widely embraced at a standard gamer convention is utterly preposterous, and you need look no further than this thread to see that the pangs of homophobia run rampant even in a very youth-centric hobby; they're not deliberately ostracizing themselves, and you could apply the same fundamental argument ("if they want to truly blend in with normal society, conform") to their lifestyle at large by insisting they be heterosexual.

I acknowledge this may absolutely ROCK YOUR DAMN WORLD, but homosexuals are not a singular hive mind, and being a gamer is no more common in those circles than it is elsewhere, so I fail to see how they're being so irrational in their fervor to find people of both the same sexual identity and passion in life as they themselves. Gay people are few and far between enough that they HAVE to seek each other out.

Sure, it imbues the proceedings with a lingering canopy of sexuality, but that's an inextricable part of our humanity, as is the desire to seek out like-minded individuals, however broad or diminutive the ideal. Nobody is stopping you from privately funding your Straight Caucasian Christian Gamer convention, so while some might decry it as bigoted, take it to the freakin' chin, get off your slovenly butt and make your contrarian political statement, but bear in mind that homosexuals have to be as welcome at your event as you are at theirs.

They want equal rights, not uncompromising assimilation, and in no way, shape or form does this event damage the cause, for reasons mentioned above, save for perhaps serving as a scapegoat to draw the ire of easily roused tyrants who cast their oppressive tendrils under the (unwitting?) guise of opposing any form of segregation, however innocuous, out of an ingrained sense of majority supremacy.

Oh, and incidentally, my jaw hit the floor when someone earlier in this thread equated the gravitas of being homosexual with being geeky. Seriously, what the hell, dude? Nobody's going to weep into their freaking coffee for privileged white boys because boohoo nobody plays Pokemon at their school. Is this topic for GOD DAMNED REAL?

Your tax dollars are not going towards this event, guys, so chill. It is not some government-sponsored fete of the joystick-riders. It's fine and nests squarely under the umbrella of freedom, more a celebration of diversity than an exclusive club. You might even enjoy yourselves if you attended.
---
Brain matter around a bullet hole? What could this possibly mean?
#447CoiledViperPosted 8/7/2012 1:15:46 PM
One thing to like someone with the same body parts as you and want to play with them...

whatever to each his own. hell I like to see some wang every once in awhile, play with it too!

But getting married to it, or asking society to make special concessions to it is un-natural, un-godly, and pretty damn ignorant

Hell guess what, I like tacos. All fans of tacos should see if we can get Taco marriage passed, and have sit-ins at Mexican restaurants across the country.

^see how silly that sounds
---
"Don't cross the line, because if you do, you'll have crossed me. I promise punishment will follow." -myself
#448MMAKSXPosted 8/7/2012 1:19:32 PM
Why do gays feel like they are entitled to something all of a sudden? Do whatever do you do but dont act like the rest of the world owes you something.
#449dannyaqPosted 8/7/2012 1:26:09 PM
CoiledViper posted...
One thing to like someone with the same body parts as you and want to play with them...

whatever to each his own. hell I like to see some wang every once in awhile, play with it too!

But getting married to it, or asking society to make special concessions to it is un-natural, un-godly, and pretty damn ignorant

Hell guess what, I like tacos. All fans of tacos should see if we can get Taco marriage passed, and have sit-ins at Mexican restaurants across the country.

^see how silly that sounds

cause one is a person and the other is not. you can't enter into a legal contract (which is what a government marriage certificate is) with a taco. Being ungodly isn't an issue since there is supposed to be seperation of church and state (don't worry your church can still choose to refuse marriage to gays) and marriage is unnatural anyway. look at it this way, anything that requires a government to exist is unnatural. how do you get a marriage certificate if there is no government to give them out? also what special concessions is society giving? straight adult people who are not family are the ones getting special concesions. i mean if the norm is not to marry, (like your taco) then why are men and women allowed to do whats not the norm among everything that would be a special concession? or is marrying the norm and gays get special recessions?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#450theshovellerPosted 8/7/2012 1:27:20 PM
MMAKSX posted...
Why do gays feel like they are entitled to something all of a sudden? Do whatever do you do but dont act like the rest of the world owes you something.

I'm waiting for a cause I can say I feel enough to be a part of that makes me entitled to something. I have a long wait ahead of me, because I hate taking stuff for free. I think the last group on the list is the "we know you hate taking free stuff, so you're entitled to something from this small pile of leftover crap" group.