This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#471WaynetidPosted 8/7/2012 1:51:04 PM
CoiledViper posted...
Waynetid posted...
2DFighter84 posted...
Waynetid posted...
I cannot imagine how hung up on gay sex this topic is. Being gay does not only equal gay sex.

if there were no gay sex, there would be no gay. you can't deny the defining feature of the fetish is sex with the same gender.

Okay. So if two men/women love each, commit to each other and choose to spend their life together and don't have sex, they aren't gay. Gotcha.

...but they're sexually attracted to one another, correct?

Because it's a necessary component to a relationship, correct?

Your theoretical couple, are frauds.... corrrect?

Actually no, you are confusing sexual attraction to love. And yes, maybe sex and sexual attraction is a necessary component for most relationships, but not all.

But I see, if two people, maybe old people, get together, form a bond, don't have sex but feel like they are in a relationship, aren't really in a relationship because they aren't having sex or have a sexual attraction. Or maybe if I stop having all the gay sex I can ungay myself from liking people of the same gender...
---
White FC: 4470 0394 0497 Pkmn Plat FC: 2493 3188 8008 Diam FC: 4639 6288 1081
SS FC: 4812 9185 1488 PSN: Wayne009
#472MMAKSXPosted 8/7/2012 1:53:51 PM
Quote:MMAKSX posted...
Why do gays feel like they are entitled to something all of a sudden? Do whatever do you do but dont act like the rest of the world owes you something.

what do you mean by this? they are starting their own gamne convention instead of trying to force things they like into existing ones. that sounds like doing what they do and not expecting to be owed anything to me.

and regarding gay marriage, they pay the fee for the marriage license like everybody else and obviously arn't expecting to force anybody to marry them.. so I can't imagine you are implying they think they are owed something when it comes to marriage.

@dannyaq

It just seems like everywhere I look I see " You HAVE to accept us gays!!" in some form or another, No. I really dont, i choose to accept gays and I dont have a problem with peoples lifestyle but stop trying to shove it down my throat, If I dont want to accept gays or the thought of "gay" then I dont have to, why do they feel they people need to conform to them?
#473windice93Posted 8/7/2012 1:57:49 PM
MMAKSX posted...
Why do gays feel like they are entitled to something all of a sudden? Do whatever do you do but dont act like the rest of the world owes you something.

what do you mean by this? they are starting their own gamne convention instead of trying to force things they like into existing ones. that sounds like doing what they do and not expecting to be owed anything to me.

and regarding gay marriage, they pay the fee for the marriage license like everybody else and obviously arn't expecting to force anybody to marry them.. so I can't imagine you are implying they think they are owed something when it comes to marriage.

@dannyaq

It just seems like everywhere I look I see " You HAVE to accept us gays!!" in some form or another, No. I really dont, i choose to accept gays and I dont have a problem with peoples lifestyle but stop trying to shove it down my throat, If I dont want to accept gays or the thought of "gay" then I dont have to, why do they feel they people need to conform to them?

i think they are just trying to stop hate in general like why do i have to accept that black guy over there. lets go burn down his house. its also pretty pointless to hate someone just cus of who they like. cus they realy arnt hurting anyone. its a stupid fight when u get down to it
#474blazeUP12Posted 8/7/2012 1:58:40 PM
"The stereotypes about gamers are many, but the core is the perception that gamers are usually straight white guys in dark rooms furiously mashing at a controller. Thatís not the reality. Gamers come in all sizes, genders, races, and sexual identities. Unfortunately stereotypical bias among gamers does exist and it can make a hostile environment for minorities in the gaming community. Hang around an online game long enough and youíll start hearing homophobic, racial, and misogynistic slurs slung around without a second thought. Gamers, as a whole, have had to make space for themselves in a society that, for a long time, treated them as outsiders. They have come together and created a real community of people, but one that is not always welcoming if you donít fit into the mold. Just like most gamers, queer geeks and gaymers want that same sense of community and belonging. Therefore we intend to create a space where all gamers and queer geeks can come together in a welcoming and safe space."
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#4752DFighter84Posted 8/7/2012 2:05:17 PM
windice93 posted...
MMAKSX posted...

@dannyaq

i think they are just trying to stop hate in general like why do i have to accept that black guy over there. lets go burn down his house. its also pretty pointless to hate someone just cus of who they like. cus they realy arnt hurting anyone. its a stupid fight when u get down to it

it's not a matter of stopping gay hate. it's a matter of the gay fetish being socially forced into everyones lives. it's intrusive and laced in double standards. stop trying to compare a fetish to racial issues. it's far from the same.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless
#476KryptoPyro13Posted 8/7/2012 2:06:40 PM
CoiledViper posted...
2DFighter84 posted...
Waynetid posted...
I cannot imagine how hung up on gay sex this topic is. Being gay does not only equal gay sex.

if there were no gay sex, there would be no gay. you can't deny the defining feature of the fetish is sex with the same gender.

What you said. Because if there were no one had genitals... it'd be pretty awkward.

Show me a gay relationship where sex and sexual attraction (fetish) aren't existant, i'll show you a couple of frauds

I'm asexual but an attracted to the same gender. So... ...
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Iwata: "Betrayal that makes the fans happy!"
#477Devilman_AmonPosted 8/7/2012 2:08:47 PM
*imagines a "White Pride gamer convention*

hmm...

Yeah.....uh....gaming is universal it shouldn't have to cater to any social group or status that has nothing to do with gaming in general.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#478windice93Posted 8/7/2012 2:09:57 PM
KryptoPyro13 posted...
CoiledViper posted...
2DFighter84 posted...
Waynetid posted...

What you said. Because if there were no one had genitals... it'd be pretty awkward.

Show me a gay relationship where sex and sexual attraction (fetish) aren't existant, i'll show you a couple of frauds

I'm asexual but an attracted to the same gender. So... ...

im sorry are u gay? what do u want a person to do if they cant get hard from looking at a girl. last time i check u wouldn't be able to have sex. its no more of a choice than a skin color so i dont see how it any different. u obviously cant get hard from looking at the same sex now can u and there is no possible way you would have sex with the same sex right. well its the same way for gays and lesbians.
#479Pinoy441Posted 8/7/2012 2:12:27 PM
Hurry up and 500 this topic please, im all out of popcorn

In all seriousness this LGBT thing will die down in about 5-15 years just like all of the other movements and nobody is going to really care by then.
---
If you live everyday like its your last
Wouldn't your last day be like every other day?
#480LodissPosted 8/7/2012 2:13:21 PM

....... So "gay gamers" are "special?" More special than white gamers, or conservative gamers, or black gamers, or liberal gamers, or burn victim gamers, or dog attack survivor gamers, or...

Also, there is no "White People's Month / Day / Week / Hour / Nanosecond." I looked it up. Apparently, people think every time not devoted specifically to anyone else is devoted to white people. I'm also willing to wager that "Speech-Impaired People" don't have a month, or a day, or anything like that, either. I know people with Autism have an entire month (May,) and black people have an entire month (February,) and hell - even middle children have a day (August 12th.) So yeah - let's solve those problems first, before we worry about getting gay people their own gaming convention. Better yet, get rid of all the deliniation and just have one type of gaming convention - "gaming convention for everybody."

Problem solved.

What's St.Patrick's Day? Not Irish? Fine.

What's Columbus Day? Not Italian? Fine.

What's Independence Day? Not Patriotic? Fine.

What's Christmas? Not Christian? Fine.

What's Chinese New Year? Not Chinese? Fine.

What's Yom Kippur? Not Jewish? Fine.

What's MLK jr.'s Birthday? Not Black? Fine.

What's Veteran's Day? Not a Veteran? Fine.

What's Cinco de Mayo? I don't know, it's not a holiday, because "conservatives" hate Mexicans even more than they hate gays.

Point is everybody gets a day. If you begrudge one group their day or activity then you're just hateful. Grow up.

"White" is an outdated racist concept from the 19th century and it needs to die. I'm Irish-American, which means I'm white, right? It was no always so. Same could be said of Italians, Polish, Norwegians, Swedes, Germans, and everyone else with pale skin who didn't speak English when they first got off the boat.

It's a made up word, not a nationality, not an ethnicity, NOT A RACE.
---
Life is cheap wherever the cost of living is high.