This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

#51bigjig777Posted 8/6/2012 6:15:13 PM
Am I the only one that's completely indifferent to this "issue"?

If they have a convention, fine. I'm not forced to go to it so its presence doesn't really bother me. Likewise, if they don't have the convention I'm not going to lose sleep over it because guess what? I've never seen a gaming convention that isn't completely ok with gay people attending..
---
Be water, my friend
#52RayconPosted 8/6/2012 6:16:32 PM
Most people don't have a problem with gay people if they keep to themselves

Like straight people have to keep to themselves? Please, they have the same rights as everyone else. It just so happens some people are behind the times.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#53keatonisballinPosted 8/6/2012 6:16:57 PM
2DFighter84 posted...
Lowtan_Lane posted...
Gay gamers.... Really? This is getting out of hand. Gay pride parade isn't enough? Fact gays don't need separate meet ups because they like ****. Gay schooling is next?

agreed. im all for everyone having equal rights and stuff. but the whole gay thing is getting way out of hand. its far beyond equality and more along the lines of "im gay and im gonna rub it in your face now". there's a street that has been renamed a few mile away from me... i kid you not... "Gay Pride Blvd". it used to be called Doser Blvd.

This. We get it, you like sex with the same gender. Good for you, I like sex as well! But just live your life like everyone else. Cause that's what you people wanted isn't it? Equality and being able to be accepted like everyone else.

I'm a white heterosexual male. But you don't see me demanding a "White Straight People Gamescom" or whatever. For one people would automatically assume I'm a racist, which I'm not. Then people would assume I hate homosexuals, which I don't. Its just ridiculous. This country has always been about "we want equality like the majority, now give us special treatment wah wah". That's not equality people!
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZMl66.gif
#54antoinejonesPosted 8/6/2012 6:18:03 PM
this is the way I see it.. they have plenty of "xxx only" type stuff...

they have establishments that are for the rich only, they have stuff thats for fat people only, , the NAACP is for african americans (obviously)... heck they even have laces that are white only (in the sense that obviously for legal reasons its not white exclusive but 99.9% of the people there are white and if someone who isnt walks in everyone eyes would be on you and theyd definitely make you feel like youre CLEARLY not wanted there.. even though they cant physically or legally do anything about it)..

that because said.... so a gay only convention is a bad thing? besides youd have to be dumb if you think that convention is excluding straight ppl.... its there to ATTRACT gay people, not EXCLUDE everyone else... thus when you go there you go there knowing more than half the ppl there will be gay.

Heck even E3.. thats only for the press.. us "normal" gamers wont be let in.. so lets all complain about that shall we? I mean since a gay gaming convention is a problem then E3 should definitely be one too.
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#55FiendingHardPosted 8/6/2012 6:23:11 PM(edited)
Raycon posted...

Like straight people have to keep to themselves? Please, they have the same rights as everyone else. It just so happens some people are behind the times.

How do straight people not keep to themselves? Where do you see Heterosexual Parades and heterosexual conventions? Gay people aren't banned from going to normal events, so why did they feel the need to have a convention JUST for gay people? Oh yeah because they're bigoted buffoons who need to go around showing how different they are.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
#56KYOJIROKAGENUMAPosted 8/6/2012 6:23:25 PM
AzureVergil posted...
FiendingHard posted...
Lol gay people, still the attention-whores aren't they?

Most people don't have a problem with gay people if they keep to themselves, its when they go around parading themselves like some sort of bastion of light and justice is when I start to hate them, like this convention for example.

Why can't they go to regular gamer conventions? There's nothing preventing gay people from attending. The truth is they just want to flaunt their gayness around.

Exactly. We don't see events for black people only because Martin Luther King stopped the racism.

LOLDON'TKNOWIFSERIOUSLOL
---
Kill anyone who gets in the way... Actually nevermind that... JUST KILL EVERYONE! - Kyojiro Kagenuma - WoTS 2 PSN:kingmalak
#57RayconPosted 8/6/2012 6:24:19 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Raycon posted...

How do straight people not keep to themselves? Where do you see Heterosexual Parades and heterosexual conventions? Gay people aren't banned from going to straight events, so why did they feel the need to have a convention JUST for gay people? Oh yeah because they're bigoted buffoons who need to go around showing how different they are.

Of course, you're completely oblivious to the underlying cultural messages in our society. Do I feel this convention is necessary? Not at all. But there's a level of heterosexism that we are completely blind to, and so I understand why someone would want to make this kind of distinction in the first place.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#58userfrigginamePosted 8/6/2012 6:25:27 PM
that's like the prez of Chik-fil-a saying he's against gays. It doesn't matter cuz food and sexual preference have nothing to do with each other, just like games and sexual preference have nothing to do with each other.
#59wstfldPosted 8/6/2012 6:35:17 PM
Gamers aren't bigoted Christians or Republicans, most of us are relatively young.

I was wondering how long it would take for the inane Christian and Republican bashing to come rushing in. It took longer than I expected.

Anyways, no, a "Gaymer" convention is not necessary. People wonder why segregation still exists today.. it's because people keep segregating themselves today.

What can I say, Christians and Republicans care a lot about butt sex for some reason.
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed Revelations - (8.5/10)
Now Playing: Uncharted 3, NCAA Football 2013, Twisted Metal
#60MetrosexualVaanPosted 8/6/2012 6:36:35 PM
I think I'm going to throw a Straight Gamer Convention out of spite. It's going to have hot (legal) girls, alcohol...and possibly games too. It shall henceforth be called Straightercon.