This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can i use american express pre-paid card to buy gamefly gift cards?

#1Graves124Posted 8/18/2012 3:41:54 PM
i want to use gamefly without any charges to my credit card, and i know i cant use a prepaid card, but can i use the card to get Gamefly gift cards?
---
Not changing my sig till Nintendo makes a motha fudga kong
Start : 12/22/11
#2RyuuHou25Posted 8/18/2012 3:44:53 PM
Doubtful, they usually tend to have clauses in all the fine print that they can't be used to buy other gift cards and what not. American Express may be different, but I doubt it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 3:51:18 PM
bump
---
#4RyuuHou25Posted 8/18/2012 3:58:07 PM
Also, why would not be able to use a pre paid card directly? They're designed to be used just as regular credit cards for the most part.

Heck, I have one tied to my Paypal account so my bank transfers go through immediately *laughs*
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 4:06:29 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Also, why would not be able to use a pre paid card directly? They're designed to be used just as regular credit cards for the most part.

Heck, I have one tied to my Paypal account so my bank transfers go through immediately *laughs*

yeah, its wierd. i guess its some wierd fail-safe. i dont wanna buy a card though if it doesnt work, so can anyone confirm wether or not it does?
---
#6RyuuHou25Posted 8/18/2012 4:12:08 PM
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

yeah, its wierd. i guess its some wierd fail-safe. i dont wanna buy a card though if it doesnt work, so can anyone confirm wether or not it does?

You can confirm it yourself, just use it on Gamefly, if it works, it works, if not, you get nothing. Either it goes through or it doesn't.
---
#7Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 4:14:24 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You can confirm it yourself, just use it on Gamefly, if it works, it works, if not, you get nothing. Either it goes through or it doesn't.

well, your shore helpful -_-. i asking so i dont waste the money on the card. i dont have any other use for it.
---
#8RyuuHou25Posted 8/18/2012 4:15:52 PM
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

well, your shore helpful -_-. i asking so i dont waste the money on the card. i dont have any other use for it.

You're not getting this, it is impossible to waste the money on the card. Either it approves when you try and use it, or it declines entirely. So either it works, or it doesn't. You either get the Gamefly stuff, or you don't. Simple as that.
---
#9Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 4:20:43 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Graves124 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You're not getting this, it is impossible to waste the money on the card. Either it approves when you try and use it, or it declines entirely. So either it works, or it doesn't. You either get the Gamefly stuff, or you don't. Simple as that.

u idiot, did u not read my last post...
---
#10RyuuHou25Posted 8/18/2012 4:22:38 PM
I read your post just fine, thank you.

You seem to be under the impression that your card can be charged for something and then the gift card you buy with it won't work or something.
---