This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Error code 80028ea8 and wired Internet connection

#1muffin_man97Posted 8/20/2012 7:42:53 PM
I'm trying to connect my PS3 to a wired connection, but it isn't working and I keep getting that error code. It gets the IP address and then fails right afterward on the Internet connection. I'm running the ethernet cable directly from the little box on the wall (it's a white box with 4 ports two marked with a picture of a phone and two with a picture of a computer) to my PS3. It only recognizes that there is a cable plugged in when it is connected to the one with the computer on it. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
---
"It's all fun and games until Yuri Lowenthal shouts 'Satan!' at the top of his lungs." - Duke Darkwood (Persona 3 FES board)
#2AwayFromHerePosted 8/20/2012 7:45:57 PM
Turn off the system, reset the connection, turn system back on.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3muffin_man97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:56:31 PM(edited)
I've done that several times. I've also turned off media servers. When it tries to sign in, it replaces the A8 with a 01. I don't know if that means anything.
---
"It's all fun and games until Yuri Lowenthal shouts 'Satan!' at the top of his lungs." - Duke Darkwood (Persona 3 FES board)
#4muffin_man97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 8:13:41 PM
Never mind. I figured it out. It was one of those Internet connections that you have to sign in to use. I was hoping going wired would bypass that nonsense, but it looks like I was wrong.
---