The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you want more Yakuza 6 or Shenmue 3?

#1AnthonM2Posted 8/29/2012 11:30:00 AM
What do you want more Yakuza 6 or Shenmue 3? - Results (261 votes)
Shenmue 3
77.39% (202 votes)
Yakuza 6
22.61% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm sure Sega is planing Yakuza 6, but hopefully they will release Shenmue 3 instead.
#2RKO_ON_RAWPosted 8/29/2012 11:31:05 AM(edited)
Well...let's get Yakuza 5 first, then we'll worry about 6.

EDIT = Dead Souls is a spin-off. It's not Yakuza 5
---
Protip = Read the topic before making a post
#3YurisPersonaPosted 8/29/2012 11:33:26 AM
Tough call, hmmmmm? I'd say Yakuza 6 because i'm more invested in that series.
---
Yo bahamut, we heard you like bahamuts, so we put a bahamut in your bahamut so you can bahamut while you bahamut, bahamut.
#4MrMikeMaPosted 8/29/2012 11:35:41 AM
Yakuza

Because Shenmue was and always will be know as a failure, regardless of how ambitious it was for it's time. I bought the game when it was released, and believe me, this game was flawed then and has aged even more poorly. A "new" version would never live up to anyone's expectations.

Perhaps the creator should just post a little story on the internet to satisfy the fans who want the story completed.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#5ThePatrickPosted 8/29/2012 11:37:28 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
Yakuza

Because Shenmue was and always will be know as a failure, regardless of how ambitious it was for it's time. I bought the game when it was released, and believe me, this game was flawed then and has aged even more poorly. A "new" version would never live up to anyone's expectations.

Perhaps the creator should just post a little story on the internet to satisfy the fans who want the story completed.

Dude

You're gonna rile up some folks with these statements!

...and, so am I because I agree entirely! I liked Shenmue fine. I mean, I even FAQ'ed the first game (tho' it never got accepted to GameFAQs back in the day and that computer has since shuffled off its mortal[?] coil).

Anyway, we should probably see how Ryűga gotoku 5 turns out first, but I'm sure to buy a 6 if and when it comes out.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#6nihilist212Posted 8/29/2012 11:38:14 AM
Where is the none of the above option?
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#7ReDDevil2112Posted 8/29/2012 11:42:14 AM
Where is the none of the above option?

It's the one where you dont cast a vote.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#8MrMikeMaPosted 8/29/2012 11:42:59 AM
Dude

Oh well, the truth hurts I guess. I mean, I bought the game right when it came out, so it's not like I played it years later or am jumping on the hate bandwagon. I've always been of the opinion that I admired the scope, hated the execution of the game. It is so flawed.

And there are plenty of Shenmue fans who are so bitter that continue to crap on the Yakuza series, I expect them to pop in soon enough...haha.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#9este914Posted 8/29/2012 11:43:43 AM
Where is the "Neither" option?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#10ThePatrickPosted 8/29/2012 11:53:25 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
Dude

Oh well, the truth hurts I guess. I mean, I bought the game right when it came out, so it's not like I played it years later or am jumping on the hate bandwagon. I've always been of the opinion that I admired the scope, hated the execution of the game. It is so flawed.

And there are plenty of Shenmue fans who are so bitter that continue to crap on the Yakuza series, I expect them to pop in soon enough...haha.

Yeah, that's how I saw it. I thought it was very ambitious and I liked a lot of the stuff about it like setting and characters and all, but it was very flawed. I also think people got too caught up in its insane hype.

And yes, there are lots of them! I still get messages and e-mails from people basically saying they hate the RgG games because they'd rather have Shenmue than "that crap" or whatever.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored