This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Slim Costs Less to Produce BUT does NOT Cost Less to Purchase ????

#1The_Big_DeekPosted 9/19/2012 8:20:33 AM
so basically sony made the super slim to lower production costs, so the super slim system is more poorly built than the slim system. however sony didnt cut the price of the super slim even though they cut their production costs. this seems like a bad deal for consumers then. the super slim even looks cheaper than the current slim. at the same price, why would someone buy a super slim instead of a regular slim ???? (dont mention the fattys because they all get YLOD eventually, consider them failed systems) the comparison now is between the slim and super slim.
---
COD4 > Black Ops > MW3 > MW2 > COD3> WAW
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 9/19/2012 8:21:36 AM
Because they KNOW people will buy it anyway.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3RyuuHou25Posted 9/19/2012 8:22:52 AM
You know that Iphone 5 about a bajillion people have pre ordered already? You think THOSE keep costing more to produce?? HA!

It's called business, they want to make money. They're going to.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#4ComfortablySadPosted 9/19/2012 8:24:53 AM
It's new so it demands a "premium price" just like the PsP-GO

http://www.geardiary.com/2009/06/26/sony-exec-psp-go-is-premium-priced-because-it-is-new/
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
#5Kaiser499Posted 9/19/2012 8:26:09 AM
I called it before it even came out, Sony is looking to profit more from the new system.
---
SoulSilver FC: 0690 2997 3274
Black FC: 0175 0805 7418
#6sldfghtrikePosted 9/19/2012 8:30:11 AM
$249.99 - 160GB Slim PS3
$269.99 - 250GB (+90GB for $20) Super Slim PS3
$299.99 - 320GB Slim PS3
$299.99 - 500GB (+180GB for $0) Super Slim PS3

in your view you're saying that in terms of reliability Slim > Super Slim

So then it becomes a question of "do I want reliability over storage?" But in all honesty I think the Super Slim will be just as reliable as the Slim.
---
PSN: SldFghtrIke
Favorite Series: Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Combat, Uncharted, Spyro, Crash, inFamous, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Golden Sun
#7icewolf74Posted 9/19/2012 8:31:33 AM(edited)
Yup, this is a quick cash grab for Sony. The console looks cheap as hell, as it looks like it was made out of the back of someone's garage as a quick money making scheme. Stick with the original Slim console. It is a much more sturdy console from first appearances.
#8antoinejonesPosted 9/19/2012 8:36:50 AM
icewolf74 posted...
Yup, this is a quick cash grab for Sony. The console looks cheap as hell, as it looks like it was made out of the back of someone's garage as a quick money making scheme. Stick with the original Slim console. It is a much more sturdy console from first appearances.

lol "much more sturdy" umm sturdiness isnt an issue if youre not clumsy, take care of your stuff and never dropped a console lol... in my 30 years of gaming Ive dropped controllers and games.. but never a console.... so yeah the thing could be made of glass and i wouldnt care lol.... sturdiness is only for klutzes
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9The_Big_Deek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 8:40:26 AM
and you know what else they didnt even upgrade the gpu and cpu. they are STILL at 45nm and 40nm. you would think theyd make them 25-35nm each to COOL them down more. they DIDNT. so its not like the super slim runs cooler and totally eliminitates YLOD. basically the super slim is the same as a slim but has a CHEAPER worse quality disk drive and a Ruffles top.

i guess it is recommended to buy a Slim instead of a Super Slim before the Slim dissapears forever into history.
---
COD4 > Black Ops > MW3 > MW2 > COD3> WAW
#10wigsplasherPosted 9/19/2012 8:42:01 AM
Get over it or don't buy it.
---
"You don't have a wife, that's a voice in your head." - mogar002