This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Metacritic Record... Resident Evil 6 Gets A 0.1 Score from Users

#11KaliestoPosted 10/2/2012 10:36:06 AM(edited)
I found the perfect troll right here in the user review:

Ansha Abdul! RE6 - worst game ever made. Resident Evil - RIP. 0/10. Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! БОМЖ - НЕ ЗАКОН! АБДУЛЬ - ЗАКОН!

His foreign language was gibberish, sorry for the numbers.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#12GM_Posted 10/2/2012 10:37:30 AM
Maybe Capcom will finally start making Horror games for once instead of CoD with Zombies.
---
Trolling the Mods since 2009
#13Paragon57Posted 10/2/2012 10:38:05 AM

Ansha Abdul! RE6 - worst game ever made. Resident Evil - RIP. 0/10. Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! Ansha Abdul! БОМЖ - НЕ ЗАКОН! АБДУЛЬ - ЗАКОН!

Kaliesto, did you post a topic about this a few months ago? This seems familiar.
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
NEW NEW DANTE! http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1331/newnewdante.png
#14KaliestoPosted 10/2/2012 10:43:37 AM
Paragon57 posted...

Kaliesto, did you post a topic about this a few months ago? This seems familiar.

I don't recall, but I was talking about the "main" reviewers a couple days ago.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#15TheGrandFinalePosted 10/2/2012 10:45:06 AM(edited)
What I hate about Metacritic, is that it distill entire reviews down to a simplistic score. There's so much more to game criticism than a number at the end of a text.

It boils down to situations like this: A player wants to buy a sport game, and he/she is interested in the managing aspect. Click, click. Metacritic says that EASports is averaging 87 while Sports2K is averaging a 70.

Click, click, the top scores for EASports praise the great graphics and controls while deploring the poor managing aspects in their text, while Sports2K is being lambasted by a few critics, who are rating it rather poorly because of it's emphasis on the managing aspects. Or maybe the poor scores come from bad goal detection in some instances, and the player's favorite game has that same problem and it never really bothered them. Hence, why put so much value in that poor score?

That player looks at the Metascore only and will skimp out on the game that they might enjoy more because reading the reviews themselves has become a non-existent thing. Now it's all about the average and nothing else. Developers even earn bonus based on Metacritic averages, when the entire system is borked to bits. A game with a 10/10 review and a 1/10 review averages a 5/10. Average game? Nope, just two differing points of view.

Why people put so much stock in that bloody system is beyond me. I often hear how critics's opinions have more value because they are paid professionals (what a dumb thing to think)...well how about reading what they are paid to do, instead of crying/clapping at the useless little number they stick at the end of their work?
#169killerPosted 10/2/2012 11:02:37 AM
Wait, here's a thought. Maybe people actually have the game they just don't like it, crazy right.
#17CrimsonGear80Posted 10/2/2012 11:08:06 AM
Wait, here's a thought. Maybe people actually have the game they just don't like it, crazy right.

If you think those users are legit then i have a condo to sell you on the moon.
---
The song is called "Baba O' Riley", NOT "Teenage Wasteland".
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#18lninjasoniclPosted 10/2/2012 11:08:31 AM
I don't know why I like reading some of these reviews so much
---
I used to be legit. I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. but now I'm not legit. I'm unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit
#19icewolf74Posted 10/2/2012 11:39:31 AM
This is why user reviews are an absolutely horrid idea to follow. User reviewers are more susceptible to trolling than the so-called "professional reviewers." At least they are paid to give somewhat of an intelligent review (minus the Gamespot reviewers).
#20stawg007Posted 10/2/2012 11:41:21 AM
9killer posted...

There are a lot of games I don't like, that doesn't mean I'm moronic enough that I'd give them a score of 0.1