This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Metacritic Record... Resident Evil 6 Gets A 0.1 Score from Users

#141theshovellerPosted 10/3/2012 4:56:13 AM
This reminds me of a topic someone posted a while back about some $1500 HDMI cable. The reviews rated it horribly, yet the reviews were just trolling. So, naturally I did my best to mark a lot of them as abuse - which it was. They did not buy the cable, they simply said something they never touched was horrible. Common sense factor aside, no justification for doing it.

People are just bat**** stupid nowadays.
#142sprites7Posted 10/3/2012 5:11:24 AM
A lot must have been deleted , as now I see

User Score0.4 out of 10
Overwhelming dislike
based on 2484 Ratings
---
tataves powa!
#143theshovellerPosted 10/3/2012 5:36:44 AM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
Giving it 10/10 is no better than giving it 0/10. Both are nonsense, but at least 0/10 is closer to to the truth.

No, for people who know numbers, calling it 5/10 would be closest on a single-score overview. You're equidistant from both the highest score and the lowest score.

Unless you're trying to say it sucks without having played it, which OF COURSE IT DESERVES 0/10, IT SHOULD GET -CAT/10 IT'S THAT BAD! Feel better?
#144MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/3/2012 6:18:17 AM
theshoveller posted...
No, for people who know numbers, calling it 5/10 would be closest on a single-score overview. You're equidistant from both the highest score and the lowest score.

I didn't say "closest", I said "closer". And even if I had, in the context of whether 0/10 or 10/10 is a better score, 0/10 is closest (of the two) to the truth. Don't try to out-smartass me. :D
#145UltimaKeyMasterPosted 10/3/2012 6:23:15 AM
theshoveller posted...

I didn't say "closest", I said "closer". And even if I had, in the context of whether 0/10 or 10/10 is a better score, 0/10 is closest (of the two) to the truth. Don't try to out-smartass me. :D

And you realize being closer to 0/10 than 10/10 means the game is objectively bad and can only be argued just HOW bad it is, right?
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#146theshovellerPosted 10/3/2012 6:34:23 AM
theshoveller posted...

It's closer to your opinion of it? Sure. I didn't play it yet - I'm picking up my copy Thursday or Friday so my brother and I can play it together. I don't have an opinion on it because I haven't been able to form one, having not played it.

Have you played it? The actual game, not a demo or anything? If so, then cool - rate it whatever you want. An honest opinion, no matter how much I disagree with it, is an honest opinion. Someone who hasn't played it, I feel, should not be able to actually assign a rating - they are basing it entirely off of hearsay, videos, and observation of other opinions. It is not an actual independently-formed opinion, with analysis of what it does wrong, what it does right, and how it could be improved.

I didn't play Gears of War 3. Do I have any position to say it deserves a 0, or a 10? Hell no. I also didn't play whatever that last Kingdom Hearts game is. Do I have any position to say it deserves a 0 or a 10? Hell no. I played Last Rebellion. I'll admit, I played it for an hour and could not get into it, at all. Do I have any position to say it deserves a 0 or a 10? That's something that could be argued - I typically abstain from it because I know I didn't like it that much that there's no way I can be unbiased.

But what do I know? Apparently, I'm a smartass.
#147MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/3/2012 7:13:00 AM(edited)
UltimaKeyMaster posted...
And you realize being closer to 0/10 than 10/10 means the game is objectively bad and can only be argued just HOW bad it is, right?

No, it doesn't mean that.

theshoveller posted...
It's closer to your opinion of it?

Yes. Pretty much all reviews are at least partly subjective, and it's implicit that my statement was. I don't think that "IMO" is required at the end of everything.

No, I haven't played the full game, which is why I haven't posted a specific score. I've seen quite enough to know that it'd be low for me, though. It seems really awful. I can't form a full opinion on it, I agree, but that doesn't mean that I can't form any opinion on it.

But what do I know? Apparently, I'm a smartass.

Ah, don't take that so seriously, I didn't intend to offend. You were picking apart my post in a smartass kind of way, so I upped the smartassery a notch to defend my post.
#148GeminiX7Posted 10/3/2012 7:15:49 AM
Gamers are the whiniest, most easily influenced, hyperbolic, group of sub humans to exist on this planet.

I am neither surprised nor amused.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#149GeminiX7Posted 10/3/2012 7:16:24 AM
AXKSION posted...
WingedRegent posted...
1 People need to understand that a "0/10" denotes that the game is an unplayable, broken mess of a game on the level of Big Rigs.

the game gets ripped a new one with no real justification.

A good example would be MW3. The game itself was a decent game.

1 Such as Resident Evil 6

6 No REAL JUSTIFICATION????????!!!!!!!!!! Are you for F***ING SERIOUS? NO, no, no, no, you are very wrong. The justification is for clonedooty-izing it and making it a generic pewpewshooterfest that is generic and actiony and like every single other shooter out there these days. Gotta casualize, water down and streamline everything this gen, don't ya?

3 NO. No shooters are decent or close to decent. Shooters are generic and bottom of the barrel. A penny a dozen.

Case and point.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#150sirtonnePosted 10/3/2012 7:18:24 AM
Today's gamers are spoiled rotten. Nothing is ever good enough and when something doesn't live up to expectations, they flip out. It's not a great game compared to the older direction of the series, but the way people are acting makes me think of snobby gourmets who can't enjoy a simple burger anymore.