This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Metacritic Record... Resident Evil 6 Gets A 0.1 Score from Users

#151theshovellerPosted 10/3/2012 7:20:27 AM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
Ah, don't take that so seriously, I didn't intend to offend. You were picking apart my post in a smartass kind of way, so I upped the smartassery a notch to defend my post.

Eh, you're right. I apologize - seeing enemies where there really aren't any, then. Hang out too long here, and everything looks like that type of post you think is someone just being an ignorant jerk when they aren't.
#152GeminiX7Posted 10/3/2012 7:32:17 AM
sirtonne posted...
Today's gamers are spoiled rotten. Nothing is ever good enough and when something doesn't live up to expectations, they flip out. It's not a great game compared to the older direction of the series, but the way people are acting makes me think of snobby gourmets who can't enjoy a simple burger anymore.

Pretty much. And the issue isn't even that they have high standards, thats at least somewhat understandable. Its that if a game isn't THEBESTGAMEEVER!!!!!!!! then its the "worst". Especially if you can tie any semblance of nostalgia to the series. The older game could be the worst piece of crap in the history of gaming(not saying RE is), but if the gamer played it before the age of 12, it's automatically some heralded epic gem of a time far gone when "games were actually good" and no game can meet it's quality.

Add to that the fact that if a meme/"running joke" becomes popular enough on gaming forums (ex: ZOMG RE6 sucks because its pretty much a shooter now) people start treating it like it was made into law, no matter how rediculous/non-serious the original claim was. (Although thats more an issue of the internet than gamers specifically)
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#153suprsoliderPosted 10/3/2012 7:43:43 AM
Or is it because we have HIGHER TASTES IN GAMES, that we don't want to settle on the pieces of crap that are being force fed to us.

RE4 - SUCKED
RE5- SUCKED EVEN MORE
RE6 = SUCKED EVEN WORSE THAN 5
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#154KaliestoPosted 10/3/2012 8:12:26 AM
Lot of you people make me not amused anymore, quit *****ing at every new game that comes out.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#155KaliestoPosted 10/3/2012 8:13:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#156RafedxPosted 10/3/2012 8:19:40 AM
Kaliesto posted...
suprsolider posted...
Or is it because we have HIGHER TASTES IN GAMES, that we don't want to settle on the pieces of crap that are being force fed to us.

RE4 - SUCKED
RE5- SUCKED EVEN MORE
RE6 = SUCKED EVEN WORSE THAN 5

That's your moronic opinion, take your nerdrage elsewhere.

Kaliesto, you cannot have an opinion that is different that this guys, seriously you should know better.

I agree with many people in this thread, so many people think if the game is not a 9 or a 10 the game is just terrible plain and simple. They have such high expectations from games which is great but damn why get your hopes up so high for something only to go on a nerd fueled rage about a ****ing video game? Telling everyone who actually likes said game they have horrible taste? Who cares what games others like, if you don't like something then why even bother to talk about it? Just so you can get some kicks on hating something and trying to get a rise out of people who do like it?

Trolls have been around for awhile, but this last year or so they have been getting worse and worse, with everything not just video games. Resorting to death threats, insults, and whatever other uncivilized communication they can think of.

I know I am not the only one, but damn I am sick and tired of the people that are so whiny, ungrateful, entitled, snot nosed little punks who will insult you if you have a different opinion than they have, because you know what comes out of their prepubescent mouths is holy gospel....if you are a troll and OLDER than some kid well you have worse problems then they have, far worse problems.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#157KaliestoPosted 10/3/2012 8:29:25 AM
I liked it better when people didn't do this crap 24/7, but it's gotten so bad it's making me back off from the gaming community here, I no longer find this a fun hobby anymore specifically on forums to talk to others if they don't have a certain level of intelligence to appreciate such things instead whining and griping over the MOST SIMPLISTIC **** I HAVE EVER SEEN. Capcom forums seems more better than this crazy community, at least most(but not all) have a good head on their shoulders, even the critics that come on there that provide intelligent conversations, I rarely see it here on GFAQ, and it's very few.

Something tells me GFAQ needs a IQ test before you sign up because this place is getting really stupid, and really fast. I feel sorry for the mods that have to put up with this.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#158theshovellerPosted 10/3/2012 8:39:39 AM
Kaliesto posted...
I liked it better when people didn't do this crap 24/7, but it's gotten so bad it's making me back off from the gaming community here, I no longer find this a fun hobby anymore specifically on forums to talk to others if they don't have a certain level of intelligence to appreciate such things instead whining and griping over the MOST SIMPLISTIC **** I HAVE EVER SEEN. Capcom forums seems more better than this crazy community, at least most(but not all) have a good head on their shoulders, even the critics that come on there that provide intelligent conversations, I rarely see it here on GFAQ, and it's very few.

Something tells me GFAQ needs a IQ test before you sign up because this place is getting really stupid, and really fast. I feel sorry for the mods that have to put up with this.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. Probably just me, but I feel so... disheartened, I guess, when I come here and see people bashing on someone so hard for having an opinion they present in a respectful manner, call them every name in the book, and it just puts me in such a bad mood. Hell, look a few posts back - I got defensive when I shouldn't have. It's like spending time in the heavy lockdown section of a mental ward - it gets to you after a while.

I can take someone saying they don't like a game or something - that's fine. Saying it's a bad game is fine. It's taking it to that unhealthy extreme that sucks. Of course, the same goes for the opposite end of the spectrum - people who say that a game's flawless and can't see that someone disagrees with it. It's just so vitriolic nowadays.
#159SomnusNemorisPosted 10/3/2012 8:43:09 AM
This is honestly sickening. I've never felt more ashamed to be a gamer.

It's only the fact that I've taken a step back from this place and the gamers world of online forums and reviews, etc in the past few months and come back with a fresh perspective, that I can finally see now what utter lunacy pervades gaming and creepy, obsessive aberrations, gamers really have become.
#160GeminiX7Posted 10/3/2012 9:10:29 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
This is honestly sickening. I've never felt more ashamed to be a gamer.

It's only the fact that I've taken a step back from this place and the gamers world of online forums and reviews, etc in the past few months and come back with a fresh perspective, that I can finally see now what utter lunacy pervades gaming and creepy, obsessive aberrations, gamers really have become.

It's funny/ironic too, that these "Hardcore" Gamers also complain constantly about how the industry caters to "Casuals" more and more, but I ask this question:

"Why the **** would you want to cater to hardcore gamers?"

They don't make up anything close to the majority of the people who play/buy video games, and they are more than willing to completely condemn games and series on a whim. Catering to those kind of people would be the most idiotic thing a company could do. That'd be like the President trying to win over people in the KKK. He can pour every cent of his campaign and make every promise in the world to them, but theres still the (good) chance they will **** all over him, and then what's he left with?
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."