This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fall of gaming

#31Baha05Posted 10/3/2012 11:04:21 AM
/annnd trolling
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#32NCPwnPosted 10/3/2012 11:13:22 AM
AXKSION posted...
userfrigginame posted...
AKXION: U r wrong about there being NO turn-based RPGs on the PS3. The ones I know about are Valkaryia Chronicles and Resonance of Fate (which I have). However, I will bring ur point down a bit to there being not much selection of TBRPGs for the PS3 in the first place. I like TBRPGs as well, and not seeing them this gen does suck. And Resonance of Fate is a far cry away from what I've played in the PS1 and PS2 era (which is mainly Final Fantasy). Luckily for me, I have broader tastes in games, so I'm more content with this gen. I look forward to the next epic TBRPG, but for now I'm gonna be alright with the promising burst of games coming out this holiday season.

Valkyria Chronicles is a STRATEGY RPG. It is not a traditional turn based JRPG. JRPGs and SRPGs are different. I'm not looking for some strategy game like Final Fantasy Tactics or something. VC is awesome, but not what I'm looking for.

I want classic style turn based JRPGs.

Oh, also, Resonance of Fate is horrible.

Check out Rainbow moon, turn based JRPG. It uses a grid base system for combat, but I would hardly consider that to be strategy worth. Mostly, its for positioning of AOE spells etc.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst