This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did gamestop stop selling ps2 games?

#1warrenmatsPosted 10/2/2012 10:33:08 PM
errrr I wanted to buy a few ps2 games but my local gamestop doesn't sell ps2/xbox/GC games anymore.......
---
:D
#2undeadeathPosted 10/2/2012 10:34:07 PM
They take up too much space and not enough people are clamoring to buy them, along with an ever expanding inventory.
---
Check out my friend's gaming blog! - http://gameternity.wordpress.com/
#3THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/2/2012 10:36:34 PM
Better go get em while ya can.....or wait years for it to be on PSN.

I'm loading up on JRPGs as we speak.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#4warrenmats(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 10:38:10 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

most of the games i want will probably never be on psn

fatal frame 2&3, silent hill 4, etc :(
---
:D
#5MiNdWarped67780Posted 10/2/2012 10:47:26 PM
warrenmats posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

most of the games i want will probably never be on psn

fatal frame 2&3, silent hill 4, etc :(

All the Gamestops here in NH have like stockpiles of PS2 games. OG Xbox Games are like an archeological discovery however.
---
"One minute can decide the outcome of the battle, one hour the outcome of the campaign, and one day the fate of the country"- Field Marshal Suvorov
#6BurgerTime79Posted 10/2/2012 10:54:10 PM
MiNdWarped67780 posted...
All the Gamestops here in NH have like stockpiles of PS2 games. OG Xbox Games are like an archeological discovery however.

When I took a trip up to Maine to visit the family, my wife and stopped into the Gamestop I used to shop in all the time, and they had some original Xbox games. It was only sports titles and a DDR, and it made us laugh, but we at least saw some.
I haven't been back into NH in a couple years but over here on the MA North Shore, I have 8 or so Gamestops within a 30 minute drive in either direction. I know of 2 that already got rid of their PS2 games. I'm sure 2 others might have as well due to the small space they received in the mall.

These stores wouldn't have as much used inventory if they stopped taking it games someone tossed onto the counter without a case. For any used purchase I make in there, if it doesn't have it's case or instructions in good condition, they they're not making a sale from me.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#7MiNdWarped67780Posted 10/2/2012 10:57:56 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

When I took a trip up to Maine to visit the family, my wife and stopped into the Gamestop I used to shop in all the time, and they had some original Xbox games. It was only sports titles and a DDR, and it made us laugh, but we at least saw some.
I haven't been back into NH in a couple years but over here on the MA North Shore, I have 8 or so Gamestops within a 30 minute drive in either direction. I know of 2 that already got rid of their PS2 games. I'm sure 2 others might have as well due to the small space they received in the mall.

These stores wouldn't have as much used inventory if they stopped taking it games someone tossed onto the counter without a case. For any used purchase I make in there, if it doesn't have it's case or instructions in good condition, they they're not making a sale from me.

Ha well come to back to NH. All the ones around here, have at least a double sided rack of PS2 games. We also happen to have a store that sells games from like Atari and up. But it's not a Gamestop or chainstore.
---
"One minute can decide the outcome of the battle, one hour the outcome of the campaign, and one day the fate of the country"- Field Marshal Suvorov
#8BurgerTime79Posted 10/2/2012 11:00:22 PM
Ha well come to back to NH. All the ones around here, have at least a double sided rack of PS2 games. We also happen to have a store that sells games from like Atari and up. But it's not a Gamestop or chainstore.

I know of a couple, but hadn't had the chance to get to all of them. One of which was Play N Trade. I usually head into the Nashua area to visit friends, and I go into Pelham for the arcade.

There's a vintage game store in Salem MA, but they tend to price stuff way too high.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9ElBorak77Posted 10/2/2012 11:09:10 PM(edited)
just traded my ps2 games (except my favs) to the last gstop that took them in trade.
i had to call around to find it and of the 5 or so stores in my area it was the only one who took them and actually had some in the store.

if i had the time i would have sold them online and made more money. you know the demand will go up and then gamestop will resell them for big bucks. back around 2000 or so they were selling old sega and nintendo games for big money.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#10qwertyMrJINXPosted 10/2/2012 11:10:30 PM
They did? Then why the hell would anyone want to go to Gamestop?
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros