The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth replaying Mass Effect 1 for 2 and 3?

#1Mixture420Posted 10/2/2012 10:51:32 PM
I beat and enjoyed ME1 on the 360 years ago and am wondering if it is worth the money and the time before I play 2 and 3 for the first time. What do you think?
---
Caking
#2flintzPosted 10/2/2012 10:55:06 PM
Imo, just start at 2, especially if you've already played 1. If you have the PS3 version you can just make the choices that matter quickly via a comic reel
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#3kamikaze135Posted 10/2/2012 10:58:49 PM
ME1 is a great game, but not really worth replaying, imo. Just jump straight into ME2.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4WantedOutlawPosted 10/2/2012 11:00:56 PM
Yes. One of the best series this gen. I've played through 1 and 2 at least six times and 3 twice.
The first game has probably the best story and is worth playing over using the digital comic for choices.
#5Zax77Posted 10/2/2012 11:13:54 PM
Absolutely worth playing, mass effect 1 is amazing and the story is very fruitful. Be ready to hate running around citadel pointlessly and be angry
---
Currently playing, ME3, RE ORC, MW3
#6lostkiwiPosted 10/2/2012 11:18:04 PM
The only reason I'd play #1 again is to decide which of your characters you want to save, since several of them can otherwise default to having died if you start #2 without the appropriate save file from #1. Most of the characters make an appearance in #3 as well if you've kept them alive.

Wrex is one such character. If you want to be able to have them in your squad in #2, you're going to have to make the correct choices in #1 to keep them alive.

Otherwise, most of the other story choices are mostly minor or cosmetic (in my option).
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#7BluntGruntPosted 10/2/2012 11:21:30 PM
Yeah it's worth it. If nothing else for the story because it has the best story of the three.
---
?????
#8BizzaroMurphyPosted 10/3/2012 12:55:44 AM
lostkiwi posted...
The only reason I'd play #1 again is to decide which of your characters you want to save, since several of them can otherwise default to having died if you start #2 without the appropriate save file from #1. Most of the characters make an appearance in #3 as well if you've kept them alive.

Wrex is one such character. If you want to be able to have them in your squad in #2, you're going to have to make the correct choices in #1 to keep them alive.

Otherwise, most of the other story choices are mostly minor or cosmetic (in my option).

That's what the comic is for. You can spare Wrex in it.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#9Hucast9Posted 10/3/2012 1:16:35 AM
It's definitely worth it. I replayed it not too long ago, and it's still badass. The only problem is that in my opinion the classes in ME1 aren't as varied as in ME2 and 3. I really don't see much of a point playing anything other than Adept in ME1. Actually, Soldier would be a good idea for a first playthrough because ME 1 had a system where achievements (I would imagine trophies will do the same) unlocked a bonus ability for a future playthrough. It's always nice to get the assault rifle achievemen so you can use an assault rifle on another class. In ME 2 and 3, the difference in classes can be like night and day difference.
#10PsyrenCallPosted 10/3/2012 1:18:35 AM
It's definitely worth it, but I suggest waiting until the trilogy release. Not to buy the trilogy, but because ME1 will be available on PSN around that time.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!