This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom: "Resident Evil is supposed to be like Call of Duty, not survival horror"

#91EternalDividePosted 10/3/2012 4:27:25 AM
Well by this fractured logic everything should play like CoD.
Mario, Zelda, God of War, GTA and let's really blow people's minds and make the next Gran Turismo play like CoD too.

This is exactly what I hate about this gen. Everything from ME to FF are being now made not with fans in mind anymore. But with the reactions of a corporate focus group.

Sort of on topic: I've been saying for a while now that I believe between the stagnation of new IP's and at the same time the systematic butchering of established property's gameplay to better appeal to the lowest common denominator of potential customers. It will come to a head in another few years and lead to a another gaming crash.
#92ManjiMidouPosted 10/3/2012 4:35:56 AM
Don't blame Capcom for this. The blame falls on the majority of you Westerners who buy the next installment of CoD blindly in hordes. Your horrible taste for dumb FPS is what has caused this.
#93killakPosted 10/3/2012 4:38:51 AM
I only meant they might as well not make RE if they're trying to get the CoD-base, wasn't saying the game itself actually WAS that.

My apologies.

But I do truly think they're not trying to capture the COD base, as much as make a largely appealing game vs a niche. I mean, even the topic title is misleading since they never actually said that.

...For the record, I like Umbrella Chronicles. A rail shooter in an already more action-based series nowadays was a decent way of telling RE0-3 The Abridged Series. Makes for good variety, too, which is why I'm kinda sad I haven't played Darkside Chronicles yet.

So did I. Fantastic game. And you actually just reminded me that i've got Darkside Chronicles sitting on the shelf. I just can't stand the lag in Wii rail shooters.
---
"waaaaaah, whaaaaaaaaahhhhh, i no agree wit u so i put u on dah ignore, waaaaaaaahhhhhh" - AXKSION
#94JohnHitman47Posted 10/3/2012 4:41:45 AM
Well, that means RE7 its going to be turn into a FPS.
---
I Love FPS but only good FPS & Horror this its my sig!!!
#95methosagainPosted 10/3/2012 4:47:28 AM
ManjiMidou posted...
Don't blame Capcom for this. The blame falls on the majority of you Westerners who buy the next installment of CoD blindly in hordes. Your horrible taste for dumb FPS is what has caused this.

The blame also falls on the East for not buying enough games so that a company can still make a game for its traditional fanbase, and make a profit. Take accountability for you part in this as well, this would not be an issue if games still sold in Japan.
#96killakPosted 10/3/2012 4:49:34 AM
I think when resident evil (i forget which of the early trilogy it was) was set to release in the US first, they already knew that the action genre had gotten them.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#97killakPosted 10/3/2012 4:54:59 AM
Man, considering Capcom did make something more in line with the PS1 games (revelations on 3DS), why are people complaining about them releasing a game for the other market too?

You want classic Resident Evil......get a 3DS. Ta da
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#98methosagainPosted 10/3/2012 4:56:49 AM
killak posted...
Man, considering Capcom did make something more in line with the PS1 games (revelations on 3DS), why are people complaining about them releasing a game for the other market too?

You want classic Resident Evil......get a 3DS. Ta da

I hate that logic Scott, someone shouldn't have to buy another console just to enjoy the style of game they want. Its ok though, RE6 is looking to be a flop so I doubt this happens again.
#99killakPosted 10/3/2012 4:58:41 AM
I hate that logic Scott, someone shouldn't have to buy another console just to enjoy the style of game they want

Of course not. They don't have to do anything. But devs don't have to release their on any specific console.

if you wanted to play the latest, and most epic Final Fantasy, you had to buy a playstation
---
There is nothing more secure than Facebook. Many have tried, and failed.'
www.facebook.com/PaulDavis79
#100BenzychenzPosted 10/3/2012 5:00:15 AM
And RE6 will sell more than any other game in the series.
Fantastic business decision Capcom.
---
There are many worlds but they share the same sky -
one sky, one destiny.